PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Drafting Board

Rich Aldrich
09-01-2013, 10:33 PM
This is a cherry drafting board that I made for my cousin's son. It is about 37" tall to the table top. The main table is split. Overall dimensions are 78 x 29". One part of the board raises and the other part is stationary for a computer screen, keyboard and mouse. The top is poured epoxy. There is a book shelf above the drafting board and a drawer under the drafting board large enough for 24 x 36 drawings.

David C. Roseman
09-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Beautifully done, Rich! You clearly spent some time designing and building this. Must be a favorite cousin. :)

David

John TenEyck
09-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Drafting board? Haven't you guys heard of CAD up there in the UP? Just kidding. Beautifully done. That's going to make a great work surface/desk, but I bet that drawer will never receive a hand drawn drawing !

John

David C. Roseman
09-02-2013, 8:23 PM
[snip]That's going to make a great work surface/desk, but I bet that drawer will never receive a hand drawn drawing !

John

Either way, it can double as a great easel for graphic artwork, if the youngster takes up sketching and painting as well! :)

David

Rich Aldrich
09-02-2013, 9:45 PM
John,

I questioned it too but it was a nice paying job. I am a mechanical engineer and do not have a drafting board anymore. I think he plans to go to school to be an architect and I guess this will work as a check table and maybe sketches. I do everything on CAD.

I agree the drawer will not see a hand drawn drawing.