PDA

View Full Version : New bear in the cave. (Gloat!)

Jamie Lynch
08-31-2013, 8:53 PM
Today I brought home a new friend for my dj-20, a nice shiny, lightly used G1033 20" planer. Also a new cub: the grizzly planer sharpener.
What a beast! Loading was easy enough, a front end loader and a couple of straps. It took 4 of us and several pieces of pipe to unload it.
As I was about to leave the guys house he decided to throw in a circa 1909 Montgomery Ward wood stove! Free shop heater!

David Nelson1
09-01-2013, 8:56 AM
Sweet! I have the same planer but with a Byrd head. Its easy enough to get the knives in and out but you'll get tired of it after a while. The Byrd head is also ear friendly. :-) A good sand blasting on the stove and won't have many scraps laying around LOL They work well!

John TenEyck
09-01-2013, 11:06 AM
That looks like it was well cared for; should give you a lot of good years. I have the same Grizzly knife grinder and it works very well on my 12" knives. Take really, really light cuts.

Gus Dundon
09-04-2013, 2:34 PM
They said the common problem with that planer is the feed jams the wood going through to it. It is made in Taiwan- Taiwan stuff is good. So, I think it's a good machine. Congratulations.