PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Piston Bumper

James Melby
08-31-2013, 10:59 AM
I have a PC FN250A nailer that i use a lot. For years, I suffered from a stigma about putting nails in my projects, but after watching Norm fill his wood full of holes for so long, I got over it. Now I love using it.

Trouble is, it quit working. The nail striker just wouldn't retract far enough to pick up the next nail. After some disassembly (red locktite - ouch), I discover a completely destroyed - as in tiny little pieces - piston bumper. A) what could have caused this? and B) should i have ordered two instead of one?

Jamie Buxton
08-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Never seen that. I'd try PC for a replacement part. They used to be okay for parts. These days, dunno. If PC doesn't have the part, or the price is too high, then buy a whole new nailer -- presumably from some other manufacturer.

James Melby
08-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Never seen that. I'd try PC for a replacement part. They used to be okay for parts. These days, dunno. If PC doesn't have the part, or the price is too high, then buy a whole new nailer -- presumably from some other manufacturer.

I ordered the part from a third party vendor. $16 wasn't too bad. I just wonder if the new part will similarly fail.