PDA

View Full Version : TransferRite

David John Evans
08-31-2013, 6:36 AM
Hi all is this stuff any good (TransferRite) I have had a look at there web site and there is no price. So I googled it and found EBay with a low price but a very high price for delivery to Australia, they do sell it in Australia for 22cents a mm bit to much I think. Can anyone tell me how much they pay for it. David

Joe Pelonio
08-31-2013, 9:42 AM
I have used it for many years, both for vinyl lettering work and the laser. I get it from several different local sign supplies, wholesale. I'm sure there are similar places there, though they may have a different brand. Some of the places I use are Sun Supply, Midwest, Grimco, Denco, and Fellers. Normally for the laser I buy the 12" roll, at about $30 US.

David John Evans
08-31-2013, 10:20 PM
On EBay it was going for just under $20 but delivery was over $170 bit to much I think. I will look during the week. David

Shane Archie
09-01-2013, 4:23 AM
Joe, have you tried a freight forwarder like Shipito? I use them when buying from ebay and other sites in America. Saves me a fortune in freight charges.

Shane.

David John Evans
09-01-2013, 6:32 AM
Hi Shane do you use this stuff and if so where do you get it from. David

Scott Shepherd
09-01-2013, 8:24 AM
How about stopping by and talking to these people. I'm sure if they can't help you, they can tell you who they get their tape from. They seem to have a lot of photos of work that would have required transfer tape. They might be happy to sell you a roll.

http://www.pgc.com.au

David John Evans
09-02-2013, 6:03 AM
Thanks for that Scott I will give them a call. David

Shane Archie
09-02-2013, 6:56 AM
I don't use TransferRite. But I get my high tack transfer tape from this mob. http://www.signessentials.com/shop/?page_id=237&category_list=35 They might be able to help in tracking down your needs.

Roy Nielsen
09-02-2013, 1:22 PM
Which tends to be more useful for the laser (and CNC), especially with wood: 582U medium tack, 592U high tack, or something else? I would like to purchase some for various projects, but I'm sure that 100 yards, if I can't find end rolls, would last me many many years and don't want to buy something I don't need.

Thanks,
Roy

Scott Shepherd
09-02-2013, 2:12 PM
Roy, we use medium tack for more everything on the laser. High tack works better for CNC. I'd recommend using someone like Fellers, where you can get any width rolls you want. I have 5-6 different length rolls. The most used ones are 3" x 4". It's easy to rip off a section, put it on the material while it's in the laser and cut away.