PDA

View Full Version : euro spindle moulder, Need a maker and model

jack forsberg
08-30-2013, 11:25 PM
anyone got information on make and model?Bauerle maybe? sure looks German anyway.

peter gagliardi
08-31-2013, 7:49 AM
Jack,
I don't think Baurele, they had better lines than this. That being said, I do think German on this, I'll look thru a few pics i have and see if anything stands out. Might be Funk.
Peter

peter gagliardi
08-31-2013, 7:54 AM
Search under Schneider, Stehle, Hoffman,as well, those are a few. Odd shaped machine and boxy, makes me think 60's era.
Sorry, no help.
Peter

jack forsberg
08-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Peter i will look. I thought it might be Griggio . the PO thinks it could be Russian?

Jeff Duncan
08-31-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm no expert, but it doesn't look like any of the names mentioned so far. I've seen a few of each and haven't seen anything like the one pictured? I wouldn't doubt it could be Russian as it's just different enough, if I had to wager a guess.....don't think it's German or Italian:o

Can you get them to send you a pic of the control panel.....that may very likely shed some light on at least country of origin;) Then again if it's not an English machine....why are you looking at it:eek:

good luck,
JeffD

jack forsberg
08-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Then again if it's not an English machine....why are you looking at it:eek:

good luck,
JeffD

that's easy he asking $400 that a great price just for the feeder:D

Jeff Duncan
08-31-2013, 1:23 PM
Ahhh, in that case....go pic it up and then you can show us some better pics;)

JeffD

Peter Quinn
08-31-2013, 6:19 PM
round here you could sell that behemoth for that much at the scrap yard by weight, keep the feeder and still be ahead. Funny I never think of Russian wood working equipment, but I suppose Canada may have had a more open relationship with USSR than we did here in the states. We don't have Cuban cigars either....well...at least not for sale on store shelves.....well...at least not on the shelves in the front room of most cigar shops. Come to think of it I'd rather have $400 worth of Cuban cigars than a Russian shaper.......sorry so off topic.

David Kumm
08-31-2013, 6:30 PM
Any chance it could be Polish- Zefam Polamco, Unitronex, and a bunch of other names. Seems like the Eastern Block machines were badged a million ways. Kind of like the Asian stuff now. Dave

Brian Deakin
09-01-2013, 4:01 AM
There is a company in United kingdom called Scott +Sargeant who sell used woodworking machinery you could try contacting them

the web site address is

http://www.scosarg.com/

regards Brian

Erik Loza
09-01-2013, 5:59 PM
Motor mfr. ought to be the same as machine country of origin. What's the motor ID plate say?

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

jack forsberg
09-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Eirk

all i have is what you see for pics.

Motor mfr. ought to be the same as machine country of origin. What's the motor ID plate say?

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Rick Fisher
09-02-2013, 3:17 PM
Jack.. cool machine.. The feeder is as you said worth $400 .. so play..

I have seen Russian machinery in Cuba. :rolleyes: (That makes sense).. Its generally simple and way over built. That motor mount would qualify ..

I am however going to bet German..

jack forsberg
09-02-2013, 3:36 PM
Jack.. cool machine.. The feeder is as you said worth $400 .. so play..

I have seen Russian machinery in Cuba. :rolleyes: (That makes sense).. Its generally simple and way over built. That motor mount would qualify ..

I am however going to bet German..

Rick 4 wheeled feeders around me go for 2 time that. I thought its a German to but have not found a maker.
got a pic of the guts. looks like a nice large set up.

Joe Calhoon
09-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Jack,
Looks like a heavy shaper, not anything I recognize. Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like a table groove or in-table slider in front of the spindle. The Germans usually never had either on their shapers.
Here is a useful link for tracking the history of older Euro mfgs.
http://www.hoechsmann.com/herstellerVZ/3/routersshaperstenonersprofilers.html

And some pictures of old German shapers from our trip this spring. The most interesting is the Funk shaper - tenoner. According to the link Funk was started by a couple guys who worked for Bauerle. Later Funk became Okoma, maker of the first angular window machine.

Joe
Sorry, i do not know how to rotate these.

jack forsberg
09-03-2013, 1:12 AM
yes Joe its has a slider.

The Orange paint makes me think its German when it is with that green.

thanks

Jeff Duncan
09-03-2013, 9:48 AM
Hmmmm, funny that the tag on the quill is in English....and only English? I wouldn't expect that on a European machine? The plot thickens:)

JeffD

peter gagliardi
09-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes it does! Now I' m thinking a little bit more obscure, but an American maker because of the tag in English . Could this possibly be an Orton or a derivative of? I know they were sellers to shipbuilders and such, but usually they were tilting spindles. That tag will be very telling I think. The Europeans never mastered the seemingly simple idea of tagging in correct English for the North American market, let alone an owners manual!!

Erik Loza
09-03-2013, 2:42 PM
Doesn't look European to me. Never seen an ID tag like that on any Euro machine. I would guess British or American.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA