PDA

View Full Version : Took some time out and turned these bowls

Sparky Paessler
05-28-2005, 12:18 AM
I took some time off from the shop remodel and finished up these 3 bowls that I roughed out a few months ago. All are maple, the darker one is 8 1/2" x 2 1/2". The other two are 11" x 3 3/4".

Sparky Paessler
05-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Here is a close up of the edge treatment that I was experminting with on one of these.

Steve Stube
05-28-2005, 1:27 AM
Very nice looking bowls Sparky. How about a close-up of the edge on the last (bottom) bowl in the first post. Looks like some very fine line detail.

Glad you took a little break, beautiful results. The remodel project is coming along fine too. All work and no play is no fun anyway!

Gary Max
05-28-2005, 3:44 AM
Great job on getting that finish to shine. I like the bead and rim cut you made--gives the bowl a lot of detail. Thanks for sharing.

Glenn Hodges
05-28-2005, 6:27 AM
Those are great looking bowls. Those extra efforts around the rim really add to them. The curves really flow and say pick me up and take me homel.

John Hart
05-28-2005, 7:13 AM
I like them all. Very nice, and the detail on the rim gives me lots of ideas. Very beautiful work Sparky.

Ernie Nyvall
05-28-2005, 7:26 AM
I like that rim as the others. Good work.

Ernie

Michael Stafford
05-28-2005, 7:33 AM
Sparky, mighty fine looking bowls. I look forward to you returning to your hollow form work also. Beautiful detail on the rims!!! :)

Sparky Paessler
05-28-2005, 9:48 AM
Very nice looking bowls Sparky. How about a close-up of the edge on the last (bottom) bowl in the first post. Looks like some very fine line detail.

Glad you took a little break, beautiful results. The remodel project is coming along fine too. All work and no play is no fun anyway!

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I have learned a lot from this forum. I just last week put some bowls and pens in a local gallery for the first time. Don't know if any have sold yet or not. Here is a close up shot of that other rim Steve.

Steve Stube
05-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks Sparky, it looks great. I seem to loose such sharp detail in the sanding process - don't know how you keep the crispness, gotta be talent.

Sparky Paessler
05-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Steve, It wasn't easy keeping the detail that sharp. I also lost a little in the sanding. I have got to keep that power sander further away next time!