PDA

View Full Version : idea for vase

Pat Shirkey
08-28-2013, 7:04 PM
Hi all!! Hope all is well with everyone. I have not been on here in a while - work comes before play..... I am looking for ideas for this vase. My customer wants a tag to attach or something to hang off it somehow. It is for an award for best chef. Any ideas?? Thank you

Dan Hintz
08-28-2013, 7:09 PM
Maybe a simple pedestal it can sit on?

Pat Shirkey
08-29-2013, 6:00 AM
Thanks Dan - That just might do the trick. Thank you again.

Ross Moshinsky
08-29-2013, 8:42 AM
You're absolutely going to have to put it on some sort of base. The decision the customer will have to make is whether or not to adhere it to the base or just let it sit on top like a pedestal like Dan suggested.

Martin Boekers
08-29-2013, 9:14 AM
If you do a base and want it to sit with no adhesive I suggest cutting a piece out of wood or plexi with the center cut out so it stabilizes the piece and won't get bumped of the base as easily. If the base has a non-standard shape, scan the bottom then draw a vector outline around it. This can the be attached to the base. I do this for quite a few pieces.

Duncan Crawford
08-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Hi all!! Hope all is well with everyone. I have not been on here in a while - work comes before play..... I am looking for ideas for this vase. My customer wants a tag to attach or something to hang off it somehow. It is for an award for best chef. Any ideas?? Thank you

Indeed a base. There's a Corel macro (not free, however) called FlexIt that might help, and you'd have something at least "different." Doesn't take long to do a design; picture shows a box made from 5mm maple/birch plywood. If you made one with a solid top instead of the ring, you'd have a lip, or a shelf to hold another piece cut to conform to the bottom of the award.

duncan

Dee Gallo
08-29-2013, 1:08 PM
You could also make a round insert so the message sits up on top, or use a wooden or metal cooking implement like a spatula and engrave the message on that, which would stick out of the vase.