PDA

View Full Version : Fein Turbo II Hepa Bag capacity?

Mac McQuinn
08-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Does anyone have a figure for the Fein Turbo II Hepa Vac, paper dust bag capacity?
Thanks,
Mac

Curt Harms
08-28-2013, 7:51 AM
I do not. I do have a couple Fein related tidbits that may or may not be of interest. One is that the shop vac bags found at our local True Value hardware recommended for drywall dust fit nicely. The second is that Goretex cleanstream filters found at home depot for fit my Fein TurboII just fine. I'm using them together and so far so good.

Mac McQuinn
08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Curt,
Thanks for the info. I have a figure for the empty Vac although I feel the bag alone will be considerably less. I'm doing some comparison shopping and need a apples to apples figure for the bags.
Mac

I do not. I do have a couple Fein related tidbits that may or may not be of interest. One is that the shop vac bags found at our local True Value hardware recommended for drywall dust fit nicely. The second is that Goretex cleanstream filters found at home depot for fit my Fein TurboII just fine. I'm using them together and so far so good.

Mac McQuinn
08-30-2013, 8:43 PM
Info on this seems to be allusive, I believe the standard Fein Turbo II has 9 gallons of capacity dry although this is w/o dust bag and Hepa filter installed. With the addition of a Hepa filter and looking at the amount of room the added bag takes up, I would chance a guess it might be more like 6 or 7 gallons.........anyone want to confirm this?
Mac

Mac McQuinn
09-06-2013, 9:28 PM
I have information from a solid source the capacity is around 7 gallons. Hopefully this will help those who are looking to make an apples to apples comparison with other manufacturer's Hepa filtered Vacs with dust bags.

Mac

Info on this seems to be allusive, I believe the standard Fein Turbo II has 9 gallons of capacity dry although this is w/o dust bag and Hepa filter installed. With the addition of a Hepa filter and looking at the amount of room the added bag takes up, I would chance a guess it might be more like 6 or 7 gallons.........anyone want to confirm this?
Mac

John Schweikert
09-06-2013, 11:28 PM
I've been using a Fein Turbo II for several years. I either use the cloth filter or when sanding, the Hepa filter and paper bags. I would assume that the bag will fill up as much space as it can in the nine gallon canister minus space for the Hepa and nooks and crannies where the bag cannot reach or conform when full. So the neighborhood of 7 gallons is probably right. I've never really been interested in knowing that. When it's full, I change the bag. You can cut the end of a bag, empty and tape or secure it to reuse a few times.