PDA

View Full Version : General Saws

Bob Yarbrough
05-27-2005, 6:21 PM
:confused: Anyone have any experience with the General 50-220c line of saws. I am extremely interested in what I have seen so far. Comments?

Bob

Dale Rodabaugh
05-27-2005, 6:38 PM
No experience with their saws,but I bought a General mortising machine.It is a real quality piece.In fact everything of theirs,I have looked at seems to be of high quality.:)

Nick Mitchell
05-27-2005, 6:45 PM
General is the last quality manufacturer left in Canada. You will not go wrong with any of their machines.

(this is General, NOT General International which is just better than Grizzly)

Bob Johnson2
05-27-2005, 6:51 PM
Bob, do a search on 50-220, there's a couple strings on it. I went and looked at it a few months ago and found it not what I was looking for, I'd suggest you do the same so you know what you'd be getting. There are a couple folks on the board that do have bought it.

scott spencer
05-27-2005, 7:09 PM
General is the last quality manufacturer left in Canada. You will not go wrong with any of their machines.

(this is General, NOT General International which is just better than Grizzly)

I agree with you Nick. Just so folks know, the 50-220 is under the GI tag....it offers two fences....for the $100 difference, I'd go with the General Biese over the aluminum alternative. I hear good things from owners, but haven't had the chance to see or run one.

Frank Pellow
05-27-2005, 7:17 PM
Here is link to specs for the saw: http://www.general.ca/product/inter/50220an.html

It looks like a nice saw, but please be forwarned that it is of the General International line so is not made in Canada. Only the General line is made in Canada. General owns both lines.

By the way, I have a General 650 table saw and it is of very good quality.