PDA

View Full Version : Going a little stir crazy

wes murphy
08-25-2013, 10:38 AM
My DVR has been down for a week and a half. The EMI filter fried itself and I don't know if a power surge burnt it out or if it just happened. Mike at Teknatool wasn't sure if the other boards were damaged, so I ended up taking all the electronics out and sending them in. Got a UPS notification today and it looks like it going to another week before I get them back. Given the age of my lathe, I asked Mike how many upgrades/updates had been made since my lathe was made. He told me 6 had been made, so I told him to replace the brains with a new board. OUCH! Expensive, but I get another 5 year warranty and basically have a new machine. Can't wait to get it and up and running. Got some wood just begging to be turned. They certainly didn't make things easy on changing the boards on these Nova's.

Wes

Mike Cruz
08-25-2013, 10:46 AM
HA! Started reading this and wondered what the problem was... So what that your DVR went out? So, your favorite shows aren't being recorded. Big deal! Go out to the shop and turn... Geesh, no brainer. Ahhhh, but you mean your lathe...:D THAAAAAAT DVR. Guess you'll have to do the opposite and go inside and watch TV. ;)

charlie knighton
08-25-2013, 3:14 PM
get in the truck and drive around, find some wood, go places you do not normally go

Ray Bell
08-25-2013, 5:29 PM
Wes, can you say just how expensive these repairs and upgrades are? Thanks just wondering in case my 2010 model ever get fried.

wes murphy
08-25-2013, 5:40 PM
Wes, can you say just how expensive these repairs and upgrades are? Thanks just wondering in case my 2010 model ever get fried.
it was to the tune of $500.00 and change.

Ray Bell
08-25-2013, 8:37 PM
Thank you Wes, you never know when something like this is going to happen. Hope you get yours up and running soon.