PDA

View Full Version : Expandable foam/ shellfishing cart

Fred Perreault
08-25-2013, 9:37 AM
I have 4 oversized plastic wheels/tires I want to use to make a cart to tow onto the sand flats when I go shellfishing, and check the shellfish grants. I was given the 4 units used, and a couple have small holes in them and I don't want them to take in water as I hope they will float some when passing through shallow tidal pools. Is there an expandable foam that I might be able to inject into these plastic wheels that would displace the air and keep out water? Would there be a foam like this that would not eventually absorb water and become soggy? These wheels are about 12" tall with a cross section of about 6"-7" wide. Of course, I could buy wheels that would fill the bill on-line, but they all seem to be at least $70 per tire/wheel, and the partial floating aspect is important. Plus I'm too cheap to pay that much... :) :)

Yesterday was a gorgeous day to visit a friend's boathouse on a local bay next to the ocean/Nauset Beach. The picture is looking east from the deck while dining on cream cheese and chopped olives smeared on crackers, and washing it down with quahog chowder....