PDA

View Full Version : Why does this happen to me?

bruce erdman
08-24-2013, 9:57 PM
For the last several years I have not been able to find my fav 1/4" hardboard with the smooth front and back. Because of this I discovered the screen pattern back works great in my vacuum bags as a pressure plate. It allows the air to be evacuated nicely.

So today I go out and cannot find but one piece with the screen pattern, buried under 25 other sheets, at my local lumber place. Just the smooth both sides stuff is on the shelves. Tomorrow I will have to try a couple more places.

Why?

Duane Meadows
08-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Murphy's Law?

Lee Schierer
08-25-2013, 8:06 AM
Just wait until you really need the two sided smooth stuff, you won't find it anywhere........

John Piwaron
08-25-2013, 8:23 AM
Better stock up.

This happens to me all the time. I get to liking something but when I go back for more it's no longer available. At least not at a place close to home. Varnish, a wood species, a particular kind of ice cream, TV shows, you name it.

Festool, you've been warned.

John TenEyck
08-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Now just imagine that happens to a major raw material you use to manufacture a product that's worth several 10's of millions of $'s in sales for your company. Some time back in the 90's that happened on a product I was working on - that was not a good year.

John

glenn bradley
08-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Murphy's Law?

Correct. Don't fight it. Learn to live with it.