PDA

View Full Version : micro-rip

craig carlson
05-13-2003, 10:41 PM
Hello,

Today, my Micro-Rip table saw fence adjustment dodad arrived from Hartville Tool. I just thought I'd tell you that it works as advertised. It took less than 10 min. to install and it gives me .001 inches of adjustment on my Beis. fence, Well made and I don't foresee any problems. Hartville had it for $70. Now if I could only find something for my bandsaw!

Craig Carlson
Sebastopol, Ca.

Bruce Page
05-13-2003, 11:35 PM
Hello Craig,
I have been curious about the Micro-Rip – they never show enough detail in the pictures. Maybe you could answer my main questions: does it clamp directly to the rail tube? If it does, then you would have to loosen both it and the fence for each move? Is the Micro-Rip built stout enough that it wouldn’t be damaged if you forgot and just loosened the fence and tried to move it?

Thanks

craig carlson
05-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Hi Bruce,

Yes it clamps directly to the rail and yes you do have to loosen it in order to move the fence for large distances, not a big deal less than 1/8 of a turn everything then moves smoothly due to the anti friction tape on the micro-rip.
The thing is built like a battleship. when clamped in place I have approx 1/2 to 3/4 inch of fine adjustment on the fence. There is a dial on the assembly with witness lines, every line is .001" of travel every 360 degree rotation of the handle is .050" of travel.
Hope this helps.

Craig

Bruce Page
05-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Craig, thanks for the info.