PDA

View Full Version : Drawer Slides

Corey Hallagan
05-27-2005, 2:15 PM
Question, when installing drawer glides, not the extension ones but just the those with the roller wheels on the guide and the corresponding drawer piece. Question is, do these get installed so that the bottom of the cabinet glide is level with the top of the corresponding rail on the face frame?

Thanks,
Corey

Jeff Sudmeier
05-27-2005, 2:17 PM
Corey, This is the way that I have seen them installed on the kitchen cabinets that I have worked on. Doesn't mean it is the correct way though :)

Don Baer
05-27-2005, 2:42 PM
Corey;
I just checked the ones installed on my Kitchen Cabinates and the tops of the rollers are 3/16" higher then the frames.

jack duren
05-27-2005, 4:16 PM
if these are your guides install... go here http://www.woodshopphotos.com/gallery/album179?page=2

Corey Hallagan
05-27-2005, 5:31 PM
Thanks guys! Jack, yes, very similar only I don't have the piece on the end to hook to the back of the cabinet. I was going to install mine on the sides of the cabinet on a cleat. Will that be ok? I see they go level to the top of the rail.

Corey

jack duren
05-27-2005, 5:55 PM
the rear boots are important but not neccessary. you could easily attach to a wood guide but make sure the piece is thick enough that the screws holding the rail to the wood member doesnt crack the wood. pre-drilling will help this.....jack

Corey Hallagan
05-27-2005, 9:59 PM
Thanks Jack, so it will be alright if I install them just inside behind the face frame as well?

Corey

jack duren
05-28-2005, 12:58 AM
yes sir, but you want atleast 5/8 running past the wood strip on the edge of the frame. cut a a small block or measure out 5/8 past the wood strip youll mount the drawer guide to this will still allow the drawer to use its natural resting groove which also causes the drawer to pull itslf in on the last 1/8 or so before closing....jack

Corey Hallagan
05-28-2005, 9:12 AM
Thanks a million Jack, appreciate your help!

Corey