PDA

View Full Version : Rowmark LaserMax 2-ply White/Red Engraving Results

Ed Maloney
08-23-2013, 4:32 PM
I just got a request for some signs which would need 2-ply acrylic. This is a pretty important job. In the past I had a problem with black/gold sheets that the gold came out to more of a tan color. Will the red be a true red after lasering?

Mike Null
08-23-2013, 4:40 PM
Ed

It will be red but may be slightly faded. Cleaning with a Magic Eraser is better than using alcohol as dna tends to wash out the color a bit.

The black and gold problem you mentioned is common.

Wes Mitchell
08-23-2013, 5:13 PM
There have been a couple posts recently from people having very good results with red/white in Rowmark's new UltraGrave line. It's supposed to be easier to engrave with a single pass - less of the red bleeding into the core. Otherwise, 2 passes on the Lasermax should give a good, bright red

Darryl Hazen
08-23-2013, 6:49 PM
Since you have a mini, I suggest engraving from bottom to top with your air on to eliminate dust collecting in the engraving. It cuts down on cleanup.

Anthony Scira
08-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Add in the fact you have to vector cut before you remove the mask. This was definitely a monkey wrench in my last job. I did not factor into having to remove 600 masks from some nameplates. I was using White/Blue and the smoke residue stained the edges really bad. It was not too bad though.......

Mike Null
08-26-2013, 6:03 AM
I always remove the plastic before cutting or engraving.

Anthony Scira
08-26-2013, 5:46 PM
I did too Mike, just when vectoring that white capped stuff the color underneath makes a mess to clean up. I was used to doing the black/white and that stuff is no problem.

Mike Null
08-27-2013, 6:00 AM
Anthony

I agree that it can be a problem and I found by accident that the 90% isopropyl alcohol I have on hand works pretty good on that. It's still a nuisance.

I have been using the .003" cap material and seem to be getting more flaming than usual when vectoring.