PDA

View Full Version : Infinity sci for sawstop

Jim Barstow
08-22-2013, 9:49 PM
I've got an older sawstop with the original black, screw down insert. I'd like to replace it with an Infinity ZCI. I read somewhere that it requires you to move the hold down used on the newer sawstop stock insert to the Infinity since they don't supply a hold down. I looked at the Infinity manual and it is very unclear what actually holds down the front of the insert (other than gravity). Any clarification would be appreciated. If I need the sawstop hold down, I'll have to buy one first.

Eduard Nemirovsky
08-22-2013, 10:45 PM
I do have same old type of SS with black insert. I ordered hold down from SS, just a buck or so, not expensive.
Ed.
Hmm,

Mike Heidrick
08-22-2013, 11:46 PM
I thought there was a recent update that the hold down was not required anymore ion the original ICS. Call them.

Mike Leung
08-23-2013, 2:45 PM
I have been using the Infinity throat plate for half a year on my older ICS. There is no need for the hold down. It fits in there very snug. 269161

mreza Salav
08-23-2013, 3:23 PM
I have been using the Infinity throat plate for half a year on my older ICS. There is no need for the hold down. It fits in there very snug. 269161

Mike, I have the same sytle ICS. What is holding the "front" of the ZCI locked in? I don't see the screw. Doesn't it lift when you are cutting it the first time?

marty shultz
08-23-2013, 6:12 PM
I have the newest zci and it works well. Not hold down necessary.

Mike Leung
08-23-2013, 7:51 PM
Mike, I have the same sytle ICS. What is holding the "front" of the ZCI locked in? I don't see the screw. Doesn't it lift when you are cutting it the first time?
Mreza, I lock my fence on the right side of the plate and raise the blade to make the initial kerf into the insert.