PDA

View Full Version : Consumer reports magazine

Chuck Wintle
08-22-2013, 4:13 PM
I was wondering if someone who receives consumer reports magazine would mind looking into the annual car issue and see if the honda civic is on or off the recommended small car list. Thanks in advance for any information.

David Weaver
08-22-2013, 5:31 PM
It's on, areas of concern are ride (below average) and front seat comfort (average). Everything else is above average with reliability a mark away from the top.

previous versions have a history of transmission troubles and minor engine problems according to their collected data - but not so much so that it's off the recommended list. Must not be making those in japan any longer (years ago when I got a honda, the engine and trans were japan origin and the rest of the car was ohio).

The hybrid gets terrible marks for the electrical system. Go figure.

Chuck Wintle
08-23-2013, 7:35 PM
It's on, areas of concern are ride (below average) and front seat comfort (average). Everything else is above average with reliability a mark away from the top.

previous versions have a history of transmission troubles and minor engine problems according to their collected data - but not so much so that it's off the recommended list. Must not be making those in japan any longer (years ago when I got a honda, the engine and trans were japan origin and the rest of the car was ohio).

The hybrid gets terrible marks for the electrical system. Go figure.
David,

Thanks for the info!
chuck