PDA

View Full Version : Question on Processing photos

john swank
08-21-2013, 6:27 PM
I imported an image into Corel draw x6. I then selected the image and edit bitmap to send it to Corel Photopaint. There I resized the image to 300 dpi and used the cut out lab to remove the background. I then finished editing the bitmap to send it back to Corel draw x6. I then copied the image, opened EngraveLab PhotoLaser plus and transformed the image. Next I copied this and placed it back into Corel Draw x6. Everything worked great.

I did the same thing to another project and when the copied image from corel draw x6 was placed into Engravelab. The cut out portions of the photo reappeared. Obviously I did not do it exactly the same But I can't figure out what I did differently. I tried it again on the first version of the other file that worked and the cutout stays cutout.

The reason for using Corel draw and not just Engravelab is due to the addition of some text and graphics.

Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Thanks.

Chuck Stone
08-21-2013, 8:38 PM
I think that converting to bitmap is the VERY last thing you want to do.
You don't do any further processing, and especially not resizing.
And if you've converted it already, I don't think you want to bring it into
Engravelab if you can output directly from Corel.

john swank
08-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks, that worked. If I open the photo directly in photo paint and use the cutout lab and then save it, it saves as a jpeg which then can be used in both draw and engavelab.