PDA

View Full Version : last project with ct128 with pic this time

allan kuntz
08-19-2013, 9:51 PM
Well I managed to finish what I started after the problems I am having with my CT128. It is 19" tall and 13" in diameter. The main wood is Walnut and the feature ring is Pau Ferro and Maple. The black inserts I think are some type of polished resin that I bought off of the good old WWW
268894 (http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64859)
Thanks for looking

Al

David C. Roseman
08-20-2013, 5:41 PM
Very nice, Allan! Were you able to solve the cutting-out problem on you lathe?

David

allan kuntz
08-20-2013, 7:01 PM
Thanks.
No but Busy Bee gave me the option of a new dc motor and controller at a price below their cost or money towards a new lathe . There was no way I was going to go for the same thing that was the problem in the first place. So I bought the same lathe with an AC motor. i plan on taking it some where to have it looked at. If they can figure out what is wrong and fix it for not too much cash I will try and sell it for cheap.
regards
Al

David C. Roseman
08-22-2013, 2:05 PM
Sounds like a good plan. On your new lathe, I'm guessing Busy Bee has gone to a Delta Electronics VFD-M variable frequency drive along with the new AC motor, like some other vendors of similar 18-47 lathes. Seems to be a great combination.

If you ever find out the cause of the cutting-out problem on your earlier version, let us know. Good luck with it.

David