PDA

View Full Version : What's with this "private" Youtube screen?

Louis Brandt
08-19-2013, 7:37 PM
Hello,
I've been watching Youtube videos for a long time, since there is a lot of good music on Youtube. Today, I clicked on a Youtube that I've watched several times before, and this time, I got a message saying that it was a "private Youtube video" and that I didn't have permission to open it.
Have any of you had this happen? Is this something new?
Louis

Chris Kennedy
08-19-2013, 8:08 PM
It isn't anything new. I have a private YouTube channel that I can control access to. Had it for at least four years. Why you saw a link to something on a private channel -- that I cannot explain.

Chris

Paul R Miller
08-19-2013, 8:17 PM
The owner edited the access. Maybe he got comments he didn't like or whatever but he / she may have edited it to "private". All it takes is a click of the mouse.

Louis Brandt
08-19-2013, 8:33 PM
It isn't anything new. I have a private YouTube channel that I can control access to. Had it for at least four years. Why you saw a link to something on a private channel -- that I cannot explain.

Chris

I didn't see a link to it. I'd been playing that Youtube video for some time, and I had put it in my favorites file. Then, when I went back to it, it was marked private.

Tom Fischer
08-20-2013, 1:11 AM
Yes, yes, the person who uploaded the content can set up/change an existing a youtube to "private"