PDA

View Full Version : DIY tenon jig on my Sawstop T-track fence

Mike Leung
08-19-2013, 12:48 AM
I had some 8020 parts and some UHMW in my shop and made a tenoning jig that rides on my T-track fence. I just need to add a woodpecker clamp and mount a rear workpiece support. It slides well and is rock solid. The jig's fence can spread apart wider for wider boards. I look forward to testing it soon.
It's been six months now and I am still really happy with my t-track fence face upgrade. What do you guys think?

Larry Frank
08-19-2013, 7:52 PM
I looks interesting and will be interested to hear how it works when completed.

What insert are you using...it looks like it has a replaceable center piece? I think I would like one for my PCS.

Mike Leung
08-19-2013, 9:42 PM
I looks interesting and will be interested to hear how it works when completed.

What insert are you using...it looks like it has a replaceable center piece? I think I would like one for my PCS.

I'll post when I have the rest o the parts on there. The throat plate is from infinity tools. It fits nicely and the inserts are easy to replace and is much more economical.

http://www.infinitytools.com/SawStop-Zero-Clearance-Throat-Plate-With-Two-Inserts/productinfo/100%2D335/

Mark Carlson
08-20-2013, 2:51 PM
Very nice. I have a very super cool tools fence which is a piece of 80/20 40 series extrusion and was planning on doing something similar.

~mark

Mike Leung
08-20-2013, 6:40 PM
Very nice. I have a very super cool tools fence which is a piece of 80/20 40 series extrusion and was planning on doing something similar.

~mark

How do you like your VSC fence system? How are you planning on making a jig for your fence? I saw the linear bearing jig on the VSC site.

Mark Carlson
08-20-2013, 7:04 PM
Hi Mike,

I love that fence because its so versatile with all the attachment possibilities. 80/20 sells linear bearings that slip onto the fence. I was thinking of trying that or building the version shown on askwoodman.com, (the one that using the tall aux fences, not the one that uses the linear bearing rods).

~mark

Mike Leung
08-21-2013, 3:11 AM
I just check out askwoodman.com. Its cool that he is sharing his fence ideas with everyone. His jigs gives me some ideas on building mine.

Dale Murray
07-02-2014, 12:25 AM
Dragging this back to the top.

Care to share more information about your tenoning jig?
Am I to understand you replaced the sawstop laminate face with 80/20? If so, can you share details such as what 80/20 pieces, standard or metric, etc?