PDA

View Full Version : Shipping

Darrin Vanden Bosch
08-17-2013, 8:34 AM
I am looking for a reasonably prices shipper to ship something to a client. I would like a blanket wrapped service that is reliable, friendly and can be ready in a short time if need be. This piece is too big for standard UPS or Fed Ex, that's where the reasonably priced part comes in.

Erik Loza
08-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Darrin, can you be more specific about what it is that you need shipped? Size? Weight? How it will be crated? Residential/liftgate? You say that cost is an issue. What are you getting quoted so far, from whom, and what is the budget you are working with? Been shipping machines for 10+ years and would be glad to offer some advice if there were more details about your freight (I deal with lots of shippers but am not in the freight business, just have lots of experience with it).

Thanks,

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

James Conrad
08-17-2013, 10:41 AM
You could try UShip (http://www.uship.com/), you might even get on TV.

Thomas S Stockton
08-17-2013, 10:49 AM
I've used plycon, for the service they provide I think they are reasonable. www.plycongroup.com they also have an easy to use online quote form.
Tom

Robert LaPlaca
08-17-2013, 3:55 PM
I have had pretty good luck with shipping furniture with Craters and Freighters so far... YMMV. I shipped using their crating and white glove service..

All I will say, is I didn't have such good luck with other shippers