PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo mail deleting yahoo addresses

Myk Rian
08-16-2013, 7:56 PM
Ever hear of anything so stupid?
Got an email from Yahoo stating that to provide a better customer experience, they have deleted Yahoo email addresses from my contact list.
Huh?
In the last year or so ago, they hired some gal to redo the email system. She is a real go-getter, and pushed the team to complete an 18 month project in 4 months. Well, guess what?
The system is so screwed up, that email isn't getting delivered, if at all. Anyone else having problems?
I'm going to use my Gmail account from now on.

Jim Becker
08-16-2013, 10:02 PM
AFAIK, they were only taking back email addresses that hadn't been used or accessed for a long time...

Curt Harms
08-17-2013, 7:39 AM
AFAIK, they were only taking back email addresses that hadn't been used or accessed for a long time...
That's what I understand as well, and I don't blame them. I'm sure any free email provider has email accounts that were created for a specific and/or temporary purpose then abandoned years ago.

Dan Hintz
08-17-2013, 7:47 AM
Ever hear of anything so stupid?
Got an email from Yahoo stating that to provide a better customer experience, they have deleted Yahoo email addresses from my contact list.
Huh?
In the last year or so ago, they hired some gal to redo the email system. She is a real go-getter, and pushed the team to complete an 18 month project in 4 months. Well, guess what?
The system is so screwed up, that email isn't getting delivered, if at all. Anyone else having problems?
I'm going to use my Gmail account from now on.

What Jim said... plus, that "gal" is Marissa Mayer, former Google wunderkind. She "fixes" things in a heartbeat, and she knows what she's doing.

David Weaver
08-17-2013, 8:23 AM
That's what I understand as well, and I don't blame them. I'm sure any free email provider has email accounts that were created for a specific and/or temporary purpose then abandoned years ago.

Especially because those types of accounts are prime targets to be referred in someone's contact list and then taken over for spam.

As in, someone breaks into your account, they get a list of all of your contacts, and the ones that they'll be able to crack into and use the longest are the ones that nobody's logging in to - they can spam away and there's nobody to say "hey, someone changed the password on my account".