PDA

View Full Version : Lowes.com... Is it just me?

Wade Lippman
08-16-2013, 4:03 PM
I have placed three orders with them.
The first was fine.
I never got a notice that the second was ready for pickup. I emailed and was told the store should have let me know the item wasn't available.
I never got a notice that the third was ready for pickup. I emailed and never got a reply. I know they are in stock because I saw them there 2 days ago and their website says they have them in stock. I don't know if I have an order with them or not. (yeah, I got a confirmation, but they canceled my 2nd order without telling me)

So, am I just having bad luck with them, or is it not a function system?

Matt Meiser
08-16-2013, 4:16 PM
So did you call them?

Wade Lippman
08-16-2013, 8:52 PM
So did you call them?

Not this time, but last time I got transferred three times because no one knew who I should be talking to. Didn't want to go through that again.

The acknowledgement says to email them for information on the order. I tried the website and was able to look up the order. They claim it is ready for pickup; they just aren't bothering to tell me that. Tomorrow I will throw caution to the wind and see if I can actually pick it up.

Lee Schierer
08-16-2013, 9:27 PM
When you get to the store, talk to the store manager and carefully explain the problem to him. Be prepared to suggest what he might do for you to make you a happy customer. At the very least see if he knows who you should talk to. Don't settle for the customer service representative, talk to the manager or the assistant manager that is currently on duty. You might be amazed at what they offer.

When we purchased a refrigerator for my mother they scheduled the delivery since we wanted to insure one of us kids were there when it arrived as Mom didn't always remember things. Well they called and said what time frame they would be there, so I drove out. No one showed. The next day they showed up without calling first. When I complained at the store the assistant manager gave us a $50 gift card because of their screw up.

glenn bradley
08-16-2013, 10:09 PM
It took me nearly 2 months and endless email and phone calls to get 2 AC plugs. Good thing I was just back-filling spares and didn't actually need them ;-) They have a continuity issue, to say the least.

David G Baker
08-16-2013, 11:39 PM
If it ain't on the shelf I don't buy it. There are great suppliers on line and in many cases they are rated so you have an idea of how they take care of their customers.

Curt Harms
08-17-2013, 7:56 AM
Lowes web site does have one use for me. I bought a sheet of B/C plywood at one Lowes store not very close to me. It was better than I was expecting so I wanted another sheet. I went to my closer store and nope, they don't stock that sku number. The web site tells me which stores are supposed to stock which skus. Of course it's still wise to call first and find out if they really have it.

Wade Lippman
08-17-2013, 11:11 AM
They got back to me in only 48 hours. They said they sent me a notification; I was just too stupid to notice it. I hate it when that happens.

Took 15 minutes to pick it up; they had to ask me my telephone number twice (if I had the confirmation, why did they need my telephone number?) and then they couldn't find where it was kept.