PDA

View Full Version : which Laser for Granite

marcus bailey
08-15-2013, 2:04 PM
Hi Guys, I own a small monument shop in the Caribbean and i am interested in a decent Chinese laser i have checked past posts but there isn't much info on engraving granite.
My ultimate goal would be to do laser images on the granite ie facial pictures of the deceased or laser backgrounds and sandblast my text

any help will be appreciated

Marcus

walter hofmann
08-15-2013, 2:27 PM
hi marcus I do lots of engraving in granite with Chinese machines, if you need more info, just send me a email to my PM at a542002@hotmail.com greetings waltfl

Ben Dalton
08-15-2013, 7:26 PM
I suggest AP laser. I run a monument company too, and we have AP lasers' biggest format (SN-4836). They cater to the monument industry. It's a china laser with American support, and the support has been honestly amazing! Any little problem we've had, they are always knowledgeable and fast in helping us out. We've had the machine for a year and a half now and the only problem we've had was a faulty flow check valve (makes sure the water is running through the tube). They got us out a replacement free of charge, and fast. They were very helpful during the initial learning and setup as well. They like you to go to Michigan for training, but if that's impossible, it really can be learned over phone and email. Not a hard system to learn. I went to Michigan, and while it was fun, looking back I don't think I really NEEDED to go. I also had experience already with lasers though (but this was my first china machine). The cost may be a little more than some china systems, but the way it is set up, and the support they give...it is definitely worth the extra cost. The website is http://www.aplazer.com/. Hope this helps. We've been doing laser engraving on headstones and granite for the last 12 years, so let me know if you have any more questions.

marcus bailey
10-19-2013, 4:07 PM
thanks for the info guys i checked out ap lazer and they look really nice but a lil out of my reach due to the exchange rate