PDA

View Full Version : Latest Microsoft updates for Windows Vista: What happened??

Clarence Martin
08-14-2013, 1:51 PM
So, there it was, the latest updates from Microsoft for Windows VISTA all waiting to be downloaded into the computer. So, I did the usual updating for the programs and it downloaded fine and the computer restarted fine, except for one little thing...

Something is weird now with the layout of the screen....

The color on the screen changed and the layout just looks different. Something seems to be hanging in the software making it slow. Ran the Virus updates, Malware program, ect, all seem fine.

Opinions ????

Myk Rian
08-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Opinions ????
Yeah. It's Vista. Upgrade to Win 7.

David G Baker
08-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Remove the update this should fix the problem. Updates have caused problems for me in the past and some times they can be a royal pain.

mike holden
08-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Check the display driver. Sounds like they either changed it for you, or something new does not like the old driver.

Bill Huber
08-15-2013, 1:39 PM
Remove the update this should fix the problem. Updates have caused problems for me in the past and some times they can be a royal pain.

I don't think it is a very good idea to remove updates in most cases, there are security holes that get plugged in most of the updates and those need to be fixed.

Before you remove a patch do some reach on it and see if other are having the problem and if so what they did to fix it.

Clarence Martin
08-15-2013, 1:50 PM
Ran malwarebytes again to see if it missed something. It found the problem. All fixed !!

Dan Hintz
08-15-2013, 4:23 PM
Which was...?

Joe Hillmann
08-15-2013, 6:17 PM
Try checking for more updates. I have a laser system that sometimes won't run as it should and usually if I check for updates, instal them, restart the computer, check for updates and install them again everything works great for another few months.