PDA

View Full Version : Kreg clamping table??

Rick Potter
08-14-2013, 1:16 AM
I am thinking of making my own Kreg type clamping table. Would anyone who has done one like to share??

Rick Potter

Mike Cozad
08-14-2013, 7:12 PM
Here is one I found that looks promising. ..lumberjocks.com/projects/63580

Rick Potter
08-14-2013, 9:12 PM
That looks great. Lots of interesting features.

What I have in mind would be maybe twice the size of the Kreg table, and would also be the outfeed table for my saw, with drawers, shelves, and wheels.

Anyone else got some ideas? I have tried to look on the site for more, but I keep getting every post ever made for anything with a table, or a Kreg mention.

Rick Potter

John M Wilson
08-14-2013, 9:56 PM
Hi!

Over the summer, I built a smaller (28" x 36") table using the Kreg track, along with a couple of the Kreg plates. I used 3/4 ply as a substrate, and a melamine sheet from the Borg cut to fit within the track. I also bought an assortment of the shorter and longer Kreg Klamps. Amazon occasionally has customer returns that are a little cheaper than retail.

Worked great! Although the Kreg stuff was a little pricey, I was very happy with the result, and I spent less than the pre-fab Kreg table. Face frames come out dead flat, and pocket hole joinery is a breeze. I have found lots of other uses for clamping and working on a variety of things. I plan to add a Kreg vise along the side, but school has started (I'm a teacher) and I'm slammed now...

Like you, when searching for designs on line, I had a real hard time defining a search that wouldn't come up empty, or with every Kreg project ever made.

My plans for next summer include making this table into a full-fledged cabinet with drawers & wheels like you are planning to do. (Got the plan in my head, but not in Sketchup yet).

I'll be interested to see what other ideas are out there...

Bruce Wrenn
08-14-2013, 9:56 PM
On one forum, which I can't remember, the posters are using 80/20 for the clamping tracks. It's been a couple years ago, but I think it's the Felder group.

Jim Andrew
08-16-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm doing an addition to the shop, so I have room for some assembly area. This table looks great for my use, but would like to figure out a way to make the height adjustable. Bench height would be great for face frames, but would like to be able to lower the height for assembly of cabinets and furniture.

Mike Heidrick
08-16-2013, 11:21 PM
I have a JLT panel rack for glue ups. The back is angled. I made a ledge and put two clamping tables on it and made it the same plane as my Kreg Foreman. Allows me to cut the pocket holes and use the table similar to a true faceefram table. I use some air cyclinders from a Multirouter (you can use any bimba/pneumatic cylinders on brackets) to make fast clamping. I also have a ton of the kreg face frame clamps.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/kregscrews.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/kreghole.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/kregklamp.jpg

Rick Potter
08-17-2013, 2:46 AM
Wow,

What a setup, Mike. That is incredible. You must make an awful lot of cabinets.

Rick P