PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use or hear of Caesarstone for countertops

dennis thompson
08-13-2013, 7:06 PM
Has anyone ever used or heard of Caesarstone, a man made product, for kitchen countertops?

Harvey M. Taylor
08-13-2013, 7:26 PM
I understand it is imported from Israel/ It is to compete with corian.Max

Curt Harms
08-14-2013, 7:33 AM
It looks to be quartz based. There are other solid surface products using quartz as well, Silestone is one. Corian I believe uses a mineral related to bauxite as its filler combined with acrylic resin.

Don Morris
08-15-2013, 3:19 AM
When we were looking for counter tops 8 years ago, it was a choice. As I remember...The only thing against it was LOML didn't like the color, or it might have been the color choices, Also, if you put something on it hot, it wasn't as heat resistant as granite. I think that was some of the reasoning we went with granite. Also, we found a granite with a little different/interesting color look that wasn't too expensive yet blended in with the color of the cabinetry. We had heard of one high end designer who was putting it into expensive homes in the area.

Curt Harms
08-15-2013, 7:39 AM
Heat tolerance is certainly a benefit of granite or other stone. Corian can be thermoformed if heated to 350o F. Granite or other stone would need to get a little warmer to soften. OTOH solid surface materials can be worked with ordinary woodworking tools.