PDA

View Full Version : Ray Scott Rabbit USA. Customer service!

Neville Stewart
08-12-2013, 9:23 PM
I wanted to take a moment to recognize the excellent customer service of Ray Scott owner, engineer and sweeper upper at Rabbit USA. He spent an unusual amount of his time in about a dozen emails to help me with Lasercut on a new computer and he finally got me going, and you know the odd thing! I'm not even a customer of his. I have a non rabbit laser and he helped me regardless. As I mentioned I'm not Rays customer, but guess what I will be from now on. So if anyone is on the fence or needs a little guidance, I would strongly advise you to consider Ray as your provider, you will definitely benefit from his experience , knowledge and exemplary customer centric support. Way to go Ray. And again, thanks a million. Neville

Rodne Gold
08-13-2013, 3:16 AM
Good to hear a report of service excellence and a dealer who has no direct commercial interest going the extra mile. Kudos to Ray for that.

Dennis Watson
08-13-2013, 7:03 AM
I bought one of his 80w 9060's a couple months back, and I cant figure out why anyone in the US would buy a laser that requires you to deal with the importing.
You buy from Ray, he delivers it to your location, he installs it where you want it, he installs the software, sets up the mirrors, and then makes sure its up and running the way it should before he leaves.

Ernie Balch
08-13-2013, 9:13 AM
I bought a rabbit laser from Ray almost 2 years ago and have no complaints with the machine or the service. The system came complete with computer, chiller, compressor and exhaust blower. Ray set it up and we spent the day running every kind of sample I could imagine.

Dee Gallo
08-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Sounds like Ray is building himself a great reputation in a difficult uphill climb - congratulations to him! It's so nice to hear about someone doing the right thing and doing it well. Thanks for the post, Neville.

Dan Hintz
08-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Sounds like Ray is building himself a great reputation in a difficult uphill climb - congratulations to him! It's so nice to hear about someone doing the right thing and doing it well.

When people ask for suggestions about US-based suppliers of Chinese machines, I typically suggest Rabbit. Very few complaints that I can recall over several years they have been around, and if someone wants to pay extra to have a Chinese machine service depot, that's what you need. I try to shoo them away from some of these other companies who claim great products but fail miserably at the customer service aspect (no names will be mentioned here to avoid my posts getting locked ;)).

Dennis Watson
08-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Sounds like Ray is building himself a great reputation in a difficult uphill climb

He has 6 years and over 400 customers. When he delivered mine I was the second customer of three he had on his trailer to deliver. He keeps his lasers in stock in Ohio and replacement parts which he will sell to people who bought from some person in another country that cannot get the help they need.

I am very happy with him and the how easy it was to purchase.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7291/9148567600_7b3e99e23a_b.jpg

Dave Sheldrake
08-13-2013, 4:13 PM
Ray really is a good guy, I needed some odd bits a while ago that my usual dealer didn't have (taking into account I'm in the UK) and Ray got them to me in 4 days at a very good price.

A genuinely decent guy to deal with.

cheers

Dave

matthew knott
08-13-2013, 6:32 PM
Out of interest, what machine is that? It look very much like one a similar company to Rabbit, but UK based sell and i was very impressed with the build quality.
You can't put a price on good service, sounds like Ray is doing a great job.

Rich Harman
08-13-2013, 7:53 PM
... and I cant figure out why anyone in the US would buy a laser that requires you to deal with the importing.

Importing really is not a big deal. A couple phone calls, a few emails with documents attached and a FedEx packet with originals is about all there is to it - if you use a good broker. Considering the amount of money saved and the time required it is like I was making a couple thousand dollars an hour.

Doug Novic
08-13-2013, 7:58 PM
Bought my laser from Ray. Have been well pleased through the years. I am another happy customer as well.

Dave Sheldrake
08-13-2013, 8:38 PM
Same machines Matt, they are HXLaser (King Rabbit) with the exception of the 68 series and small desktops.

Cheers

Dave

Rodne Gold
08-14-2013, 3:14 AM
I wish , when I got my first chinese lasers , that we had someone like Ray here in South Africa.. there were a few local "dealers" .. BUT they were 3x the price of the same machine with a self import and their spares prices were horrendous...worst of all , they were fumbling in the dark re technical and driver issues - thus we decided to go the Import route..
I would willingly have paid , lets say , a 25-50% premium for a local machine - but paying a 200-300% premium is just not on.
At any rate , once again , it's great to see a post like this.

Frank barry
08-14-2013, 3:54 AM
Morning all
I have just ordered a laser from china but would have been thrilled to have met a guy like Ray
Even though I found the Shenhui Lasers excellent to deal with and their response time second to none it’s finding a shipping agent who I could trust and that wouldn’t charge an arm and a leg (that might not be helped by the fact I am from a small country Ireland and we don’t have that many options )
And like Rodne I would have been more than happy to pay a realistic percentage as there is nothing like being able to put your hand on a product before you buy it
I think we can all learn from Ray and we should all look at our own business model and see how we compare
Frank

Ray Scott
08-16-2013, 12:00 AM
I believe that King Rabbit has an exclusive distributor for UK. Maybe that company has a private label name...or not as popular.

As for my services and performance.... Thanks for the nice comments.

Ray Scott

Ray Scott
08-16-2013, 12:19 AM
The factory of King Rabbit markets the products under the name of HXLaser and Rabbit Laser. The owner of King Rabbit also owns factories for a few other products such as cnc routers, cad plotters, vinyl plotters...and more. He is a real business man, likes coffee, plays golf, nice guy. King Rabbit partnered with a company several years ago to make a serious go at the USA market. Ray Scott (that's me) is the owner of the USA distributorship and helps everyone in the world with laser questions. It is easier for me to help people because I have a better understanding of English language and technical application. King Rabbit has exclusive distributorships in UK and parts of Russia.they are also trying to solidify distributorships in other parts of the world...Mexico, brazil, India, ..and more. I like to help as many people as I can.... But I also ask for permission before selling products outside my territory. Also choose to not sell some of their products. Rabbit Laser USA also carries products from a select few other factories... And maintains good friendships with most all Chinese companies in the case that someone needs help and guidance.

In the mix of it all, I would love to see more Chinese laser companies share information....and grow the quality of the laser systems. Their competition has bred some pretty good results.

Any other direct questions?

Ray Scott

Ray Scott
08-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Thank you....

Ray Scott

Dennis Watson
08-16-2013, 6:35 AM
Ray, have you heard anything about updates for LaserCut? That is the only thing right now I see could use improvements.

Oh, I added a led strip to the top cover for more light, and I built a floor in the bottom cabinet.

Dan Hintz
08-16-2013, 8:07 AM
Ray,

It would be great if you could add your company affiliation to your signature so people know who they are getting advice from. Thanks.

Dave Sheldrake
08-16-2013, 8:19 AM
HPC Laser are the UK distributors for HX (and the biggest laser vendor in the UK)

I would love to see more Chinese laser companies share information

Amen to that brother :)

best wishes

Dave

ps:The nozzles I got from you last year really got me out of a jam :) thanks Ray ;)