PDA

View Full Version : Saw File Test Results

Hilton Ralphs
08-10-2013, 5:50 PM
I don't know why the original thread was deleted but either we're overly aggressive towards one another or we're overly sensitive and prone to getting our panties in a knot.

Whichever........

Nevertheless, here was (before I understood why it was taken down and after reading DW's poost) a link to the document for those who are interested.

Thanks to Brett for his hard work.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-10-2013, 6:46 PM
Hilton,

If the same uncivil attitude is displayed in this thread as it was in the other thread, this thread will be removed too.

Discussions can be held, differences expressed in a friendly, civil fashion at SMC or we will take action.

David Weaver
08-10-2013, 7:07 PM
I don't see how a pitch where someone stands to gain or possibly to gain financially isn't in violation of the TOS.

I also understand that we are generally not to mix what goes on here with anywhere else, but it irks me as a member of this forum to see someone camping elsewhere openly saying nothing but bad about the forum and its members, then showing up here like nothing is going on and attempting to chide the same members about not carrying water for their cause, violating the TOS all the way because they couldn't be troubled to read it.

I don't know where else to mention it to the moderators so I make mention of this here. Feel free to remove it and put it wherever you'd like. Perhaps some of us should've just reported the thread earlier, especially at the first sign of a completely unnecessary political turn.

I personally value this forum a lot, especially that we are generally shielded from door to door solicitation so to speak, and because there are experienced users on here who are capable of having very technical discussion backed by experience. It is also devoid of cliques and double standards, which is also a bonus. It is only one of two places that I can think of that is like that.

Frederick Skelly
08-10-2013, 8:07 PM
Well said, Mr. Weaver. I dont have any knowledge of sawfiles, but the tone and content of that thread took off in the wrong direction. I made myself shut up after the political commentary started and Im going to do that again out of respect for the Forum. But it - no, Ill shut up now. The Moderators were right to shut it down.

Hilton Ralphs
08-11-2013, 2:21 AM
If the same uncivil attitude is displayed in this thread as it was in the other thread, this thread will be removed too.

Discussions can be held, differences expressed in a friendly, civil fashion at SMC or we will take action.
Rightly so. With the time zone differences I only managed to see the beginning of the thread and when I logged in yesterday it was deleted and not just closed.

I don't see how a pitch where someone stands to gain or possibly to gain financially isn't in violation of the TOS.

Agree with you 100% and also what else you said.

I have removed my link.

Kees Heiden
08-12-2013, 8:54 AM
I have no idea about the brou-ha. But the test seems to indicate that Bahco files are pretty good. And because they are also quite cheap, it will probably be my file of choice in the future. Just a pitty they don't make the small ones.