PDA

View Full Version : Delta 22-680 planer repair

Kerry Brown
08-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Hello everyone, this is my first post in your forum.

I just purchased a Delta 22-680 planer in virtually new condition. According to the guy I bought it from, the planer was bought by a man setting up a home shop, but passed away before doing much with his equipment. The planer has been stored for years.

And it is in spotless condition except for one issue. The outfeed roller is covered in a soft plastic material, and in the very center of the roller, this covering is torn and deteriorated. I've already located a replacement, which is on the way, and the guy who sold me the planer is covering the cost. I just have to do the repairs myself. Which is why I'm posting. Has anyone had experience disassembling this planer? Are there any special tools I will need? And is a service manual available?

I appreciate any advice offered.

Kerry Brown
08-10-2013, 6:48 PM
Never mind gentlemen. The chain sprockets come off easily without a puller, and the roller is held in by a single bolt under each cast iron block at the ends of the roller. Relatively easy to disassemble, and shouldn't be too hard to put back other than working against the spring pressure a bit.