PDA

View Full Version : Gravograph LS100 Air Assist

Roger Thory
08-09-2013, 7:41 AM
Hi everybody. Just joined the forum today.
I have a second hand Gravograph LS100 which came without the internal air assist module. I currently use it for rubber stamps only but want to expand into signs and labels etc.
The cost of a replacement internal module is horrendous so I'm trying to use the external air pump/compressor option. I'm trying an aquarium pump which should provide enough pressure/air flow but the output at the laser head nozzle seems lower than expected.
Has anyone taken this route and if so, can you tell me if I need to alter anything inside the laser to maximise air flow ? I note from the installation instructions schematic that there is a shuttle valve which may need to be held in to correct position ?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Mike Null
08-09-2013, 8:12 AM
Roger

welcome to SMC. This is a topic discussed several times in the past so try doing some searches to see what you can turn up.

Roger Thory
08-09-2013, 8:54 AM
Roger

welcome to SMC. This is a topic discussed several times in the past so try doing some searches to see what you can turn up.

Thanks for the welcome Mike. I did a search yesterday before my registration was accepted and didn't come up with much. The link looks useful.
Thanks again.

Mike Null
08-10-2013, 11:04 AM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?181214-Air-assist-Compressor-advice

Roger Thory
08-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the extra link Mike. Some interesting reading. However, I don't engrave or cut wood as yet (hangs head in shame) :eek: and I really need to talk to someone who has connected an external compressor to the Gravo LS100 in lieu of the internal one. Looking at pics of the internal one I don't think it can be very powerful as it's so small. There is a shuttle valve incorporated in the laser which I think shunts air to the head EITHER from the internal OR an external but I've a sneaky feeling I may need to block the internal input to the valve. I can post a schematic if anyone is sufficiently techo savvy.