PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation on new mag switch for the Griz saw

scott vroom
08-08-2013, 10:10 PM
The magnetic switch on my Griz table saw is beginning to fail and I need a replacement quick. Any suggestions on a quality replacement? Not looking for a cheapo Rockler but something that would be considered commercial quality.

many thx

Mike Wilkins
08-09-2013, 9:44 AM
When I restored an older Unisaw, I got a replacement magnetic switch from Woodworkers Supply. They have different switches to match the motors amp/HP range.

Jim Tabor
08-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Why not a Grizzly replacement? I used the same starter and switch that is on my new Grizzly 1023 for a restored Unisaw. Cost less than $100 and was in stock. Used the wiring diagram from my Grizzly manual.

Michael W. Clark
08-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I think the one in my Grizzly is a telemechanique (spelling?). You may be able to find one locally to pick up.

Mike Heidrick
08-09-2013, 6:01 PM
Slowest and most work - Id build my own and get true commercial quality - my choice in starter and overload and fuses, DIN components, no plastic box - a nice nema 4/12 enclosure, a through door lockable disconnect, true e-stop etc.
A bit faster - Next best is to install an LVC from a delta tool and seperate magnetic switch.
Fastest - Plastic all in one easy to install option - order a WEG from factorymation.