View Full Version : shop shot

Norman Hitt
05-26-2005, 4:45 AM
Just an attempt to post a picture.
Hooray it worked!!! :D :D

Jeff Sudmeier
05-26-2005, 8:11 AM
Norman,

We would love to see more of your shop, if that is it! Man it looks like a huge space!

Dennis Peacock
05-26-2005, 8:58 AM
What Norman isn't telling us is that IS his shop BUT it's only 6 feet wide! :p :p :rolleyes: :D

Nice looking shop Norman...Now...how about a tour of the inside? Thanks for posting.

Jim Becker
05-26-2005, 5:44 PM
But does it have electricity yet, Norm... ;)

Seriously, that's a really nice building and perfect for the job!

Norman Hitt
05-26-2005, 6:29 PM
Sorry guys, but the only electricity is still extension cords to run my buddy's 110 v machines. Since the Contr went broke and didn't finish it (even though he had been paid), it seems that every time I nearly get enough together to finish it, a new medical problem has come along and raided the shop budget again. Since I have been feeling better, I have moved the constr junk around enough to do some work there and hope to post some pics soon of a Cutoff sled and Outfeed table I built for my buddy, and a new Router table for him that I almost have finished. Just as a sort of preview I'll post a few more of the "Old Pics" to hold those interested until I can complete it and get some good pics. I will include in another thread, one shot of the back yard fence, built at the same time, to show the 16' sliding gate I designed. It is kinda unique because it doesn't have a lot of framework showing on either side or any large wheels showing either, but it works great. You might notice the 6" wide purlins that run along the south and west walls, set 6'6" to 7' above the floor, and they are to be able to attach french cleats to hang cabinets, etc and will be behind the drywall. There is also the same thing set 30" to 36" above the floor on those same walls. The floor is 5" thick and has an approx 14" x 14" channel in it a little west of the mid point to run DC duct and electrical to machines. An air compressor and Cyclone will be installed in the "Shed Room" you can see from the outside shot.

Jim Becker
05-26-2005, 6:38 PM
Norm, maybe if you can at least swing the materials, some of the Texas boys and girls could help get things wired up for you. No way you should be on ladders, anyway! I know that if I lived close by, I'd be more than willing to come in and give you a hand.

Norman Hitt
05-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Norm, maybe if you can at least swing the materials, some of the Texas boys and girls could help get things wired up for you. No way you should be on ladders, anyway! I know that if I lived close by, I'd be more than willing to come in and give you a hand.

Jim, I appreciate the thought, and now that I'm feeling better and getting my strength back, I'll probably be able to get it done, (that is, as soon as the shop budget can recover from the medical bills,hopefully sometime this summer. At last, there does seem to be some light at the end of the tunnel.