PDA

View Full Version : Matched Set - Rolling Ball & Fountain Pen

Billy Tallant
08-03-2013, 4:31 PM
It's been a while since I posted on here. I sold all of my lathes at the start of the summer & downsized to a Delta 46-460. Haven't really had the time to use it much this summer. But I did take the time to make a pen set that I used on IAP for the July Pen swap. This was a matching Capri Compact set made out of Algerian Briar Burl that I sent off to a fellow turner in England.

Brian Kent
08-03-2013, 4:58 PM
Those are some really nice pens. Very artistic.
What kits do you use? My wife has received several pens over the yeas and each one has broken in a few months. I only want to make some if the parts will last.

James Combs
08-03-2013, 8:55 PM
Billy those are some nice looking pens. Hope we get partnered up in the next PITH.;)

Jim Burr
08-03-2013, 9:08 PM
Really sharp Billy!! Good match up and the finish looks great! I haven't seem this kit yet...looks cool!

wes murphy
08-03-2013, 9:50 PM
Really nice looking pens. Billy. You did a fantastic job.

Billy Tallant
08-04-2013, 9:31 AM
What kits do you use? My wife has received several pens over the yeas and each one has broken in a few months. I only want to make some if the parts will last.

Thanks for the comments Brian! The kits were 24K Capri Compacts. I believe these kits have been discontinued. Luckily I still have 2 of the fp kits left in stock.

Billy those are some nice looking pens. Hope we get partnered up in the next PITH.;)

Thanks for the comments James! Maybe our names will match up in one of the upcoming pith's.

Really sharp Billy!! Good match up and the finish looks great! I haven't seem this kit yet...looks cool!

Thanks for the comments Jim! I picked these kits up from someone selling out a bunch of kits. I wish I could have got my hand on more of these. I like these kits.

Really nice looking pens. Billy. You did a fantastic job.

Thanks for the comments Wes!

Dan Masshardt
08-04-2013, 6:05 PM

There are plenty of pen kits that will last as well as plenty of cheap ones.

The styles vary widely though.

Bernie Weishapl
08-04-2013, 8:04 PM
I must say those are beauties Billy. Really well done.

Billy Tallant
08-05-2013, 9:56 AM
I must say those are beauties Billy. Really well done.

Thanks Bernie!!! I appreciate the comments!