PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight sand blasters

Michael Weber
08-03-2013, 1:14 PM
Going to do sand blasting on my uni cabinet. I have an old siphon feed hopper i used quite a bit back in the day. Notice HF has some pressure fed units of various sizes. Anyone have experience with these? Would they be significantly better or efficient than a siphon type for very occasional use? Also they have soda blasters which I had never heard of before but assume they work the same but with safer media. They seem to be of a different design from regular blasters so I wonder if you could use soda In one of the regular units? Thanks

David C. Roseman
08-07-2013, 8:24 AM
Going to do sand blasting on my uni cabinet. I have an old siphon feed hopper i used quite a bit back in the day. Notice HF has some pressure fed units of various sizes. Anyone have experience with these? Would they be significantly better or efficient than a siphon type for very occasional use? Also they have soda blasters which I had never heard of before but assume they work the same but with safer media. They seem to be of a different design from regular blasters so I wonder if you could use soda In one of the regular units? Thanks

I've had this one from HF for nearly 20 yrs and been very happy with it.
http://www.harborfreight.com/40-lb-pressurized-abrasive-blaster-68992.html

A buddy of mine who's a retired automotive tech borrowed it a awhile back and liked it enough to buy his own. Previously he'd been using a siphon feed for small jobs.

I haven't used the soda media in it, but don't see why you couldn't.

You do need a reasonably high cfm compressor to get the most out of it.

David

Michael Weber
08-07-2013, 7:29 PM
Thanks David. That's what I was looking at.