PDA

View Full Version : Odd Shaped Part Maximizer

George M. Perzel
08-02-2013, 9:28 AM
Hi Gang;
Is anyone aware of any software package that will allow you to layout the maximun number of an odd shaped part? For example,maximizing the number of a given heart shape on a given panel size. Thanks
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Jiten Patel
08-02-2013, 9:57 AM
Hi George,

Try this: not tried it myself so cannot vouch for it. http://macromonster.com/index.php?mod=descr&id_desc=124&keyword=nesting&Submit=Go

Also search for "nesting". Lots of info.

Jit

George M. Perzel
08-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks Jit;
Will give it a shot. I have used GDG macros before-his Select Buddy is awesome and virtually eliminates screwing around with Object Manager.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Ernie Balch
08-02-2013, 1:05 PM
George, My Aspire program will nest objects. If you want to send a file I can process it for you.

ernie

George M. Perzel
08-02-2013, 6:47 PM
Thanks, Ernie;
Will try the GDG macro and take you up on your kind offer if it doesn't work. I want to get the max number of mthe same part from a given sheet area. Most nesting programs seem to take the max width and max length and work with that-not trying to fit and arrange parts for max usuage.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Sandy Henry
08-03-2013, 9:41 AM
I use "Vcarve pro" for nesting - easy to use, works great & fast.

Joe Pelonio
08-03-2013, 11:30 PM
If you ever get into plotter cut vinyl lettering, most of the graphics packages come with a nesting feature and can export to formats that lasers can use since they are also vector.

George M. Perzel
08-04-2013, 6:56 AM
Thanks Sandy and Joe
Got the trial version of V Carve Pro but looks like a lotta learning involved.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Jerome Stanek
08-04-2013, 8:08 AM
Thanks Sandy and Joe
Got the trial version of V Carve Pro but looks like a lotta learning involved.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Not much learning for what you want to do. Just draw or import your shape and go to nest and tell it to nest X amount of pieces then export the file

George M. Perzel
08-04-2013, 8:44 AM
Hi Jerome;
Trial edition seems to limit what you can import-looks like it only allows PhotoV carve, Cut3d, Partworks 3D, and Machinist files. I just have a Corel vector image which can be converted to ai,dxf, etc.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Ernie Balch
08-04-2013, 12:57 PM
I have aspire and vcarve pro. Send me your drawing and I will save it as Vcarve pro file for you to experiment with.
ernie