PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Lens Use

Eddie Castaneda
08-01-2013, 6:15 PM
Alright I did my research and I thought I would use the 3.2" lens today. well it didn't quite work out the way I wanted it too. Here is a picture of the Error Message I received. I think I was using the right settings.267710

Dan Hintz
08-01-2013, 6:59 PM
Sounds like you had the CO2 selected when the lens is designed for the fiber (or vice versa)...

matthew knott
08-01-2013, 7:23 PM
Right the first time Dan 3.2 = Fiber lens, Eddie what are you trying to do? that way we might be able to give you a point in the right direction with the lens choice.

Eddie Castaneda
08-02-2013, 10:28 AM
@ Matt I was trying to Engrave a couple of steel plates to test out the Lens. I over looked all my settings and the engraver is on Engrave FLP not Engrave CO2. I'm trying todo a test run with all the lenses I received, that way I have an Idea of what I Can do

matthew knott
08-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Well you have the right lens & settings (i would say)! Call Trotec up, sure they will set you straight,
A 3.2inch lens is quite short for a fibre, so you will get a lovely small spot, the shortest we use is 100mm and we havent used that in years 254mm is the most common on the fibre now but its a different system to yours.