PDA

View Full Version : Help finding T handle.

Peter Quinn
08-01-2013, 12:31 PM
I need a new heavy duty T handle bolt for a stock feeder base, the thing that tightens the adjustments, the one that's on there is about to break, I can't buy OEM because the company is long gone, old feeder. I searched McMaster, MSC., google, called it everything I could think of. Nothing. Anybody know what I should be calling these handles and or where they can be sourced?

Bruce Page
08-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Peter, a picture of the old bolt would help.

Stephen Cherry
08-01-2013, 12:53 PM
tommy screw
tommy bar screw
tommy bolt??????

Stephen Cherry
08-01-2013, 1:00 PM
http://www.kipp.com/App/WebObjects/XSeMIPSKIPP.woa/cms/page/locale.enGB/pid.1097.1105.1226/agid.13223.15598/ecm.ag/Tommy-bars%07-with-fixed-or-loose-T-bar-DIN-6305-or-DIN-6307.html

something like this with a stud in the feeder?

Bill Graham
08-01-2013, 6:00 PM
Tried Reid Supply (http://www.reidsupply.com/products/knobs-handles-hand-wheels/handles/clamping-handles/) ? They stock a ton of all kinds of handles and knobs.

HTH,
Bill

Peter Quinn
08-01-2013, 7:59 PM
http://www.kipp.com/App/WebObjects/XSeMIPSKIPP.woa/cms/page/locale.enGB/pid.1097.1105.1226/agid.13223.15598/ecm.ag/Tommy-bars%07-with-fixed-or-loose-T-bar-DIN-6305-or-DIN-6307.html

something like this with a stud in the feeder?

Thats it exactly, now I need a source I can buy from.

Mark Wooden
08-01-2013, 8:19 PM
Don't know what your break is like, can you get it welded? You might be able to get a part from The Green Bear- look at a parts diagram for a similar feeder, order the part from them.
I've seen a lot of those handles bent from over tightening over the years. Got to keep the tapers and clamp surfaces clean and dry.

Peter Quinn
08-01-2013, 8:55 PM
Don't know what your break is like, can you get it welded? You might be able to get a part from The Green Bear- look at a parts diagram for a similar feeder, order the part from them.
I've seen a lot of those handles bent from over tightening over the years. Got to keep the tapers and clamp surfaces clean and dry.

I have a green bear feeder, and a steff, both use a different thread and pitch. This is an MEC (some acronym in Italian for a company that no longer exists.) The bolt may be salvageable, I could possibly get a piece of steel rod, pean the ends, clean the whole mess. I was initially thinking it would be an easy thing to buy from Mc Master. Its an old feeder but it runs like a bear, I need to keep it working. I can tighten pretty much every t handle on my green feeder by hand and they hold fantastically, no need to get out the pipe for leverage. The MEC has to be tightened with considerable force to get it to hold the adjustments. Somethings not right.

Bruce Wrenn
08-01-2013, 9:30 PM
Reid can get you anything from Kipp.

Mike Heidrick
08-01-2013, 9:45 PM
What thread is it?

A couple great resources here - thanks for the links guys!

Peter Quinn
08-02-2013, 6:27 AM
Reid can get you anything from Kipp.

Thats good news, I'll have to give a call.

Mike, I haven't figured out the thread, it's metric but seems more coarse than my other feeders. The broken t handle is the base clamp.