PDA

View Full Version : Is there some way to have a 'LIKE' button on our posts ?

Mark Valsi
08-01-2013, 9:54 AM
I have noticed that most posts have very many looks, but very few comments. So as we post projects, we get very little feedback compared to "views"

Probably the reason is that it takes a bit more time to post a comment that it would to hit a "LIKE" button as is on Facebook.

I hope I get some comments . . .

Prashun Patel
08-01-2013, 10:00 AM
......Like

Sam Layton
08-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi Mark,

You are correct, I have noticed the same thing. I have also noticed that an OP will ask a question, receive numerous answers, and never return to thank the people that did respond, or even return to acknowledge that they receive the information.

Sam

Joe Leigh
08-01-2013, 11:02 AM
I agree.

Is it really easier to hit a "like" button than it is to post a short comment like "nice job"?

"Like" buttons are for androids. (not the phone).

Thomas Bank
08-01-2013, 2:25 PM
Fairly lengthy discussion about this suggestion in the Lumber Yard. Last I looked, it pretty much got shot down.

Craig D Peltier
08-01-2013, 2:28 PM
... I agree Like button needed.

Todd Burch
08-01-2013, 4:00 PM
Yes, I started that discussion. Seems a few people didn't like the idea of anonymous "likes", and perhaps hold an impression that SMC is "above" that sort of protocol, and felt I should put out a little more effort and actually post a comment, as is mentioned above.

Todd Burch
08-01-2013, 4:02 PM
I agree.

Is it really easier to hit a "like" button than it is to post a short comment like "nice job"?

"Like" buttons are for androids. (not the phone).

Yes, it is.

Gordon Eyre
08-01-2013, 6:03 PM
Like buttons are for popularity contests not for a serious forum like SMC. All one has to do is go on a forum like Instagram or Facebook and you will see that someone will post a junk image and get 1,000 likes and two comments. I hope that we encourage each other to post meaningful comments where we try to show our appreciation for each others work and to offer help to those that request it. This is a great forum and I hope that it does not degenerate into "like" contest that only reflects how many people we have friended and tells us nothing about the project we have completed or are contemplating.