PDA

View Full Version : Dahlgren System One help

Bruce Overbeck
07-31-2013, 8:52 PM
We do diamond drag only and have 5 of these old-timers running. The parts are hard to find. The computers are hard to find and keep running. The tables work fine. 2 questions: A) Does anyone have an old working System One for sale I could use as a back-up or for parts? B) Does anyone have a recommendation for replacing these control units for something else (and keeping the tables as they are)?

Thanks!

Mike Null
08-01-2013, 7:50 AM
Try contacting Quality One Engravers or Frank Ricci at Chewbarka.

Mark Sipes
08-01-2013, 8:57 AM
Contact Long in Calif LTD

http://www.ltdengraving.com/html/service.html

Mark Sipes
08-01-2013, 9:05 AM
I see one on E-bay. 1 Aug

Bruce Overbeck
08-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your replies guys. I contacted Quality One several years ago after the show in Las Vegas and I got a sample of Fred's software, but it is incompatible with what I do. I do business with Frank Ricci and he doesn't deal in stuff this old. Long Ha is the one who told me I should find a back-up machine as the parts are harder to get or harder to re-engineer, but has been a blessing to find. Long thinks one of these might show up at his shop eventually. The one in Arizona on eBay is a slightly different model that mine and some of the major parts don't exchange. So, unfortunately you all had great ideas, but roads I've been down recently. Thanks for your thoughts. There must be a few of these just sitting on a shelf somewhere gathering dust.

Frank barry
08-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Hi
you will find lots of them sitting in schools in the Uk I know they are 220v there are also a few guys in the Uk who repair and re sell them
dont know if that helps or not
Frank

Nick Michalares
08-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Bruce, I do some work with the used equipment. Is it a Superpro style controller, or the real old DOS upgraded to run off an old DOS 486 type computer? I have a couple around me for sale, one in Lexington, KY. I just sold a System 300 Superpro style and I know of another System 400EZ which is a 12 x 24 table with an electric Z axis as opposed to the older air operated. I have seen these complete with the computer and all for pretty cheap as compared to new equipment. I actually scrapped some early ones, one was SN 13. I thought it ought to be in a museum, but I had no where to keep it.

Bruce Overbeck
08-05-2013, 1:40 PM
Nick, Mine are the real old DOS System One. Mine probably should be in a museum. But you know...they still work! For how much longer? Need a backup. Here's a picture if you or anyone else knows of a working model. Thanks, Brucehttp://i.ebayimg.com/t/Dahlgren-System-One-12-x-24-Rotary-Table-Engraver-with-Extras-/00/s/MTYwMFg5Mzc=/$%28KGrHqVHJF%21E+%28636eh1BQgbfrUm5Q%7E%7E60_57.J PG