PDA

View Full Version : Stamp designing question

Dee Gallo
07-31-2013, 8:46 PM
Hi all,

I just bought some no-odor rubber from Laserbits. My manual says that you should use raster-only when you want to engrave thin lines (.001-.007 or .7 points-.5 points) instead of cutting.

My question is: When you are in stamp mode, will thin half point lines engrave? I have always thought that .5 lines would only cut.

If anyone has experience with this, I'd appreciate your input to clear this up before I waste my rubber!

thanks, dee

Henri Sallinen
08-01-2013, 3:36 AM
Hi Dee,

Why not test on some other material first? I usually test my stamp engravings on thick matboard? Also, if you can, check only the "raster" option in the settings so no vectors will be cut. Then after you have rastered the file, just send another file to cut the vectors only.

Hope this helps!

- Henri

Tim Fulford
08-01-2013, 7:19 AM
I made a rubber stamp from silicon sheet 2mm thick it worked perfectly and produced really fine lines on a piece 20mm diametre. I used standard engrave settings with ramp on.
I am looking for a UK supplier of blank self inking stamps which can be customised. All I can find is people offering to customise them for me! Any suggestions?

Steve Clarkson
08-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Dee......in the past, I have had trouble engraving outlines in stamp mode......so now, I always convert my outlines to objects (Arrange;Convert Outlines to Objects) first, then I am only engraving "fills".

Dee Gallo
08-01-2013, 2:01 PM
Good suggestion Henri, I'll do that. I was just surprised to read that you COULD raster a .5 line...

Sorry Tim, I don't know any UK suppliers.

Steve - thanks, I'll do that, thanks for the tip!