PDA

View Full Version : Frame Slop - Help!

Scott Ashton
07-31-2013, 2:58 PM
Hi guys,

First post to this great forum, I am looking for a little help. I recently took delivery of an SHG350 laser from Shenhui laser (see the link below):

shenhuilaser.en.ec21.com/SH_G350_Laser_Cutting_and--3037340_3426713

So it was all working out of the box – and seems to be a great machine, We have it running on RDCam Laserworks V6 and when we initially set it up we had the x and y axis flipped in the settings. As a result the machine went out of its work space area and now returns a message saying frame out of slop – Enter to continue. See the link below:
http://wiki.studentrnd.org/Laser_Cutter#Frame_Slop_Detected

Is there some way of resetting the laser work areas so we don’t have to hit enter every time we send a piece of work to the machine? So at the moment we press Start in laserworks – the slop error beeps up on the machine led panel, we press enter and the machine then goes ahead and starts cutting.

This is more of an annoyance than anything else but I would like to understand how to solve this.

Thanks in advance
Scott

matthew knott
07-31-2013, 8:10 PM
Reset the origin, jog the laser head using the keypad to the 0,0 point, ours is top right, then press the origin button. Frame slop means you are trying to cut outside your max area.