PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker One Time Tools

Matt Meiser
07-31-2013, 9:43 AM
What's everyone's experience been on ordering these as far as when they charge you? Do they charge when you order, or when they actually ship the item (which on the latest squares might be next year.)

I know they are a good vendor but I really don't want to pay for something in August I might not get until January or later.

Bill ThompsonNM
07-31-2013, 9:47 AM
They charge when they ship. I had to call and change my card at shipping time since I replaced my card in the interim. Keep that in mind!

Sam Murdoch
07-31-2013, 9:53 AM
They are great about this. Will not charge until they ship - often ship earlier than estimated - and allow for changes in the order if needed. I am big fan of Woodpecker.

Jeff Monson
07-31-2013, 10:28 AM
Yep, charge when shipped. I have a couple of their "one time run" items. My favorite is the 18" precision square. Great company to deal with IMO

Matt Meiser
07-31-2013, 11:28 AM
The precision square is what I'm considering. Trying to decide between the 18" and 26" but leaning toward the latter.

Sam Murdoch
07-31-2013, 1:07 PM
I am very happy with the 26". It is an excellent size for squaring up the track saw guide rail before making a cut. A very useful shop square in so many other applications. We have plenty of smaller versions but none this large and accurate that don't cost over the tops $$$s. As for squaring a guide rail - somewhere over on the FOG there is a post with photos showing how one guy modified the 26" square to dedicate it to this task. I find that I can clamp it to the rail (if need be) without the need for through fastenings. I'll try to find that specific how-to post later if you are interested.

Matt Meiser
07-31-2013, 1:37 PM
Sam that's one of the primary reasons I want one, that and squaring up the MFT as shown in the Woodpecker email. Sounds like 26 is the way to go.

Chris Padilla
07-31-2013, 3:38 PM
Matt,

I picked up a set of QWAS dogs and rails to do that since the MFT's holes are all square/parallel to each other.

Sam Murdoch
07-31-2013, 3:39 PM
Matt, check this out - http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-jigs-tool-enhancements/guide-rail-square-for-plywood-cross-cutting/