PDA

View Full Version : Wixey on SawStop

Randy Gillard
07-29-2013, 12:03 PM
I bought the Wixey Digital Readout. After much fussing with the included brackets, concluded they do not fit the SawStop. I drilled and tapped 4 x 1/4" holes in the fence tube and attached the Wixey rail flush up against the underside of the tube. Made the installation look neater, as some I have seen are hanging well under the fence on the brackets.

In use, the device performs as advertised. Deadly accurate as far as I can tell. While it is not that much of an improvement over the fence tape in measuring a single cut, it is awesome for incremental cuts from a previously set position. I did a small foot stool project and used the incremental feature 4 times. No error prone mental calcs if you are starting from, say, 12 & 13/64ths and want to move over 5/8". Just press "INC" and move it to 5/8ths.

I really like it. 90 bucks well spent.

Aaron Berk
07-29-2013, 4:36 PM
Nice install, I've been considering the same wixey for my Grizzly. It's a war between an incra fence system or the Wixey.

Rick Potter
07-29-2013, 9:35 PM
Just bookmarked this for later.

Thanks,
Rick Potter

Alan Lightstone
07-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Been real happy with mine on my Sawstop. I added the General International Micro adjuster. Really simple modification.

Makes it even more useful / easy to use.