PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
07-29-2013, 7:48 AM
29 July 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
I hope this finds each of you doing well in your lives and in your families. Been working on all the little touch-ups around the house with all the remodeling work. Caulking and painting takes a lot longer if you can't focus much time and effort to it. I also found 2 more pieces of base molding that I need to put down in the master bedroom closet. We are getting closer, but still have a ways to go yet.

I went to church with my daughter and her hubby yesterday via motorcycle and then we rode to Hot Springs, AR to eat lunch at a place called Nom Nom's. Mexican food and hand made ice cream. The weather and ride were awesome, the food was really good and the Blackberry Cheese Cake ice cream I had was some of the best I've ever had.

All in all, it was a really good weekend for me and the family. I go oncall this morning, so its back to the grind of a different work today. The remodeling work will have to wait until I get more time.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dale Osowski
07-29-2013, 8:52 AM
I got a good start on milling a large Burr Oak

Matt Meiser
07-29-2013, 9:12 AM
Saturday morning my daughter and I went to Ann Arbor to exchange my welding gas bottle. Stopped at Tractor Supply on the way and ended up leaving with another tool chest which will help consolidate some storage in my shop. Then I took her for a dining experience at Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger which will be closing sometime soon since the university bought out the property it sits on and they haven't been able to come up with a suitable place to relocate. If you haven't spent time in Ann Arbor, Blimply is a local institution which was featured on Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins a few years ago (and about 1/2 the customers in there when they were filming are from where I used to work.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCr8WX61FAc

Sunday I worked on rearranging stuff into my new box and figuring out a few old storage caches to get rid of. I'm trying to work out a plan to get my dad's metal lathe into my shop before winter so that will help with some "vertical integration." Then it was off to my parents for an early dinner, then to opening day of the County Fair to see how my daughter's 4H projects did (mostly 1st places!) check out the various business booths, and take her to the Hunter Hayes concert. If you think a screaming router is loud, try several thousand screaming tween-to-twenty-something girls :eek:

Joseph Montroy
07-29-2013, 9:44 AM
I spent the majority of my weekend taking the qswo from rough cut to final dimensions. This also involved changing the blades on my jointer for the first time (that figuring is HARD in the qswo!). I had been putting off changing the blades, but with the magnetic jig, they actually were pretty easy! Anyway, I got all the lumber dimensioned, and glued up both the top and bottom shelf. Now comes the slow joinery work :)

Shawn Pixley
07-29-2013, 10:06 AM
I ended up having to work both days. Apparently, 60 hour weeks aren't enough sometimes...

Ken Fitzgerald
07-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Saturday, the oldest son and I grouted the new tile in his primary bathroom.

Sunday we started the wall board repairs.

We have a family member coming west to visit us for the first time. The wife has had me doing a lot of cleaning around the house too.

Brian Tymchak
07-29-2013, 10:45 AM
No productive time in the shop,, again,, this week. I think it's been over a year now since I did any real wood-working..:( Hoping I can back into it this winter. Got the mid-summer yard work done (mostly trimming bushes, which we have a lot of). I've been working on a number of house projects to get the house closer to market-ready if we choose to down-size. To that end, I got some time in on the garage-makeover project. Had finished rewiring power and sensors for door openers and some sorely-needed new outlets last week, so started wall patches and replacing a 3'x4' section of ceiling damaged by an old roof leak. I was able to clean off the work bench that had become command-central for the house painting I finished in April, but only because I moved a lot of that stuff to the garage where I'll be using it soon. Oh, I ordered some turning blanks from Mr. Cruz, so, yea! :) I did do something in the woodworking domain.

Jesse Busenitz
07-29-2013, 5:02 PM
Ok I just finished this today so it really wasn't "over the weekend". Needed something to do in the Woodshop so I built my first bucket.... was a little challenging but a lot of fun.