PDA

View Full Version : Deal at Costco

Steve Roxberg
02-17-2003, 3:09 PM
My local Costco has the two foot square floor pads in stock again. Each package includes four 2 foot square tiles that interlock together. This package is slightly different than the last ones in that it comes with a small about two inch strip to connect around the outer edge to make it smooth. One package is $10.05 but that's 16 square feet of pad, enough for two machines.

HD sells something similiar for $20 and I saw it at "The Woodworking Show" for $14 a package.

Ted Shrader
02-17-2003, 3:23 PM
Steve -

Does the 2" border taper down from the level of the pad to the floor or it just a square "frame"?

Ted

Steve Roxberg
02-17-2003, 4:00 PM
It did not appear to taper. My wife, after seeing me buy six packages last time, quickly hurried me away. :)

Rik Rickerson
02-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Sam's Club recently has had the same item (multi-colored) for $7 to $8.

Rik

Patrick Smith
02-17-2003, 10:41 PM
Would this pad be enough to make a wobbly bandsaw stable? My old PM has developed quite an off center wobble. It's terrible when changing blades and turning the tension wheel... I have to steady it with my elbow and knee (!)

Thanks
Patrick

Rik Rickerson
02-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Patrick

I've installed the mat to go around all of my stationary tools and benches. You may want to consider installing heavy duty levelers (see pic) on your bandsaw. You can order them from woodcraft, rockler, etc.

Take care,
Rik

http://www.woodforthought.com/forums/images/leveler.jpg