PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Profile

Dave West
05-24-2005, 11:50 PM
A friend is selling an Epilog Profile 25w laser. I guess it's about 5 or 6 years old and has seen lite use. I was wondering if anyone had experience with model. Does Epilog still support it? He's asking 5K.

Thanks,

Dave

David Stevens
06-03-2005, 7:32 PM
Dave

I have a friend with that model and he says that it is very difficult to get support on that model because they have changed everything and it is difficult to get parts, and the cost to get a tube recharged is very high ($2K to $4K!). I have a Universal and it is about 5 years old and there is no problem getting parts, even though I have only needed bearings once but they have never stopped supporting their machines all the way back to 1988 and the tube recharge is only $850.00!. Make sure to do all your reaserch on laser machines before you buy because you can get burned. 5K is a bit pricy when new 25 watt system are going for 10K, try www.versalaser.com (http://www.versalaser.com/) from universal or www.usedlasers.com (http://www.usedlasers.com/)

Hope this helps! :)

Lee DeRaud
06-03-2005, 8:49 PM
I have a friend with that model and he says that it is very difficult to get support on that model because they have changed everything and it is difficult to get parts, and the cost to get a tube recharged is very high ($2K to $4K!). I have a Universal and it is about 5 years old and there is no problem getting parts, even though I have only needed bearings once but they have never stopped supporting their machines all the way back to 1988 and the tube recharge is only $850.00!. Make sure to do all your reaserch on laser machines before you buy because you can get burned. 5K is a bit pricy when new 25 watt system are going for 10K, try www.versalaser.com (http://www.versalaser.com/) from universal or www.usedlasers.com (http://www.usedlasers.com/)

Hope this helps! :)Ok, I may be out of line here, but I really think it should be noted that Mr. Stevens is employed by Universal Laser Systems.

I have no bias against Universal or their machines. In fact I own one and am quite happy with it. But this kind of "cheerleading" irks me a bit when the commercial affiliation isn't obvious.

Peck Sidara
06-09-2005, 1:11 PM
Dear Dave,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Thank you for your interest in the Profile engraver. The Profile machine is a variant of the Radius engraver line. Epilog continues to provide full support for the Radius and the Profile engravers. We have a full compliment of parts in stock and can address your needs very quickly. If you have any questions or would like to discuss parts pricing please contact us at 303-215-9171.<o:p></o:p>

Thank you.
Peck Sidara
AKA Epitech<o:p></o:p>

Mike Mackenzie
06-09-2005, 4:38 PM
Peck,

I have a customer with one of your profile lasers he has one of ours as well at present he has to run both on seperate computers. I am curious as he is are the windows XP drivers available for this unit?

If so how would he get one?

Peck Sidara
06-09-2005, 5:10 PM
Dear Mike,

Have your friend visit our website at www.epiloglaser.com (http://www.epiloglaser.com) From there go to the downloads page. Go to the Radius downloads and you'll find the Radius Windows XP/2K print driver. Let me know if you have any further questions and we'll go from there.

Thanks,
Peck Sidara
AKA Epitech

Mike Mackenzie
06-09-2005, 5:49 PM
Will the radius drivers work on the PROFILES?

Roy Brewer
06-11-2005, 3:05 AM
Will the radius drivers work on the PROFILES?
Mike,

Yes. The Profile is the same technology as the Radius, just in a smaller, less expensive platform. For instance, instead of a motorized focus, the lens assembly is raised/lowered onto focus gauge.

Mike Mackenzie
06-13-2005, 1:09 PM
Thanks, Roy

I will let my customer Know!

javianjim
11-05-2009, 8:56 PM
I just have to mention, we started our with a single pinnacle laser 25 watt and then purchased another exactly the same when things were going well. We decided a bit later that it was time to purchase another more powerful laser and had a Universal laser delivered to our shop. We tested it in house with the rep there and were blown away with how slow it was compared to our wimpy 25 watt pinnacles. We decided to have them remove it and now own 2 Epilog 120 watt bad boys that kick like you wouldn't believe. So...in my opinion...Go Epilog!!

Dan Hintz
11-05-2009, 9:12 PM
had a Universal laser delivered to our shop. We tested it in house with the rep there and were blown away with how slow it was compared to our wimpy 25 watt pinnacles.
On what criteria/machines did you base this on? The two manufacturers are so closely matched in their capabilities hardware-wise that it simply makes no sense either of the two were anything but neck and neck. I tend to lean towards the ULS machines for the rotary device and the control panel layout, and others tend to lean towards Epilog for for similar small details, but either set of machines is quite capable of similar speeds (though I wouldn't compare an Epilog mini Zing to a ULS ILS series, that's just not fair).