PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop PCS and Incra TS LS together

Tom Ward
07-25-2013, 11:07 PM
I recently saw a picture of George Vondriska with a Sawstop and Incra TS LS. I understand some members of Sawmill Creek have had some problems with these two items and would love to hear owner comments and see pictures. Presently own a Delta contractor, but thought of 52 inch Sawstop PCS. Would like to combine it with Incra TS LS super, but don't want problems if they are not compatible or issues can not be corrected. I try to stay attached to my fingers after retiring from a machine shop and realize any machine can be dangerous and that includes hobby machines. Learning from and evaluating others experience is much cheaper than throwing my money away. I also understand there is a video somewhere of Vondriska using and commenting on these two items. Has anyone seen such a video or can direct me to it? Thanks.

Tom Willoughby
07-26-2013, 8:27 AM
I recently saw a picture of George Vondriska with a Sawstop and Incra TS LS. I understand some members of Sawmill Creek have had some problems with these two items and would love to hear owner comments and see pictures. Presently own a Delta contractor, but thought of 52 inch Sawstop PCS. Would like to combine it with Incra TS LS super, but don't want problems if they are not compatible or issues can not be corrected. I try to stay attached to my fingers after retiring from a machine shop and realize any machine can be dangerous and that includes hobby machines. Learning from and evaluating others experience is much cheaper than throwing my money away. I also understand there is a video somewhere of Vondriska using and commenting on these two items. Has anyone seen such a video or can direct me to it? Thanks.

Hi Tom,

I have the SawStop Professional Cabinet saw and the Incra LS table saw fence and they work well together. You would need to be careful to not have the blade contact the aluminum fence as it would set off the saw's safety mechanism but this hasn't been an issue for me.

I believe that special Incra extenders are required to use the fence on the SawStop Industrial saw as it has a deeper table (>27") but the professional model has a standard 27" deep top, which fits the stock Incra fence.

Kind regards,
Tom

Jim Barstow
07-28-2013, 1:11 AM
I've got that setup and I can't recommend it highly enough. It is amazingly accurate and reproducibly so. I can't imagine not having it now.