PDA

View Full Version : My Humble Little Shop

John Hart
05-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Well, I've seen a lot of your shops, so I thought I'd share my habitat. Funny, I realized tonight that I've never taken pictures of the shop.(maybe because it doesn't exactly rate for a photo shoot) But anyway, here it is...My hangout.

Oh...and this weekend, a new addition will be installed...a Delta 14" Bandsaw! I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!

Cecil Arnold
05-24-2005, 10:12 PM
John, nice shop, the space limitations reminds me of home except it's way too clean. Remember, the bandsaw gloat isn't real until we see the pics.

Harry Goodwin
05-24-2005, 11:05 PM
John enjoyed seeing what a shop should look like. I have a habit hanging things
to save space and make things available in mine but no pictures. Harry

Tim Morton
05-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Looks real nice john....very clean too! Can't wait to see the bandsaw pics, I still need to go down and fine tune mine. I finally put the fence on this morning, and realized i have to adjust the motor to get more tension on the belt.

Steve Roxberg
05-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Replace "Clean" with "Humble" and I can't let me wife see that one.

I always run the photos of dirty (used) shops up to the wife and say SEE it's not me. :)

John Hart
05-25-2005, 5:30 AM
Heh heh..I guess I should have taken "before" pictures!! I just finished cleaning (took two days). We pick up the bandsaw tonight but I won't get it in place until Saturday...I'll be sure to post pics...if I can find a home for it!:rolleyes:

Jeff Sudmeier
05-25-2005, 8:15 AM
John,

Your shop looks well loved! Everything has a place :)

Steve Ash
05-25-2005, 7:01 PM
Nice shop! Just wondered how you found my picture to put on your monitor?;)

John Hart
05-25-2005, 7:06 PM
Nice shop! Just wondered how you found my picture to put on your monitor?;)

It's from the Steve Ash screensaver collection. Got it on Ebay :)

John Hart
05-27-2005, 6:42 AM
Got the bandsaw built last night and cut a piece of 6" thick cherry to test drive it. Pretty fun! Never owned a decent bandsaw. Still no pictures since I had to build the thing at my BIL's place and I didn't have my camera...But tomorrow night, it goes in the shop. I promise pics then.

Roy Wall
05-27-2005, 9:54 AM
Hey JOhn,

HOw old is that C-man TS?? It looks just like mine.........:cool:

Your shop looks good! I've been using my Jet 14" BS a lot lately-- you're gonna like it:)

John Hart
05-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh geez...I don't really remember Roy. It's got to be less than 13 years old because I bought it new some time after moving into this house...and we've been here for a little over 13 years. Yeah..I'm stoked about the BS...almost bought a Jet, but got a phenomenal deal on the Delta ($320)

Roy Wall
05-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Oh geez...I don't really remember Roy. It's got to be less than 13 years old because I bought it new some time after moving into this house...and we've been here for a little over 13 years. Yeah..I'm stoked about the BS...almost bought a Jet, but got a phenomenal deal on the Delta ($320)

$320.................I wouldn't pass that up either-- I always hear good reviews about both (I like mine):cool:

My C-man is circa 1990 ish...flex drive:mad: ....develops a whopping 7/8 hp...:eek:
but will upgrade this fall..

Thanks for a look at the shop - its very nice!!!

John Keeling
05-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Yow, $320 does sound like a good deal. Open or closed stand? I just cooked the motor to death on my Jet bandsaw in a closed, unventillated cabinet. I think i'm gonna drill some vent holes in it before I put the new motor in this weekend.

How do you find having the PC in your shop? I'm surprised the keys still move. I'm thinking of putting one down in my hand-tool shop in the basement [when I build it] but I never thought of putting a PC anywhere near my Power tools and all that sawdust...

Ernie Nyvall
05-27-2005, 9:20 PM
Nice shop John. I think you should come over to mine and show me how you got it so organized and clean. I promise to stay out of your way. :D

Hey, what kind of bandsaw did you get?

Ernie

Mark Singer
05-27-2005, 9:33 PM
John,

Nice shop!!! Very organized and your making nice stuff...

I don't see the Shlamaca?

John Hart
05-27-2005, 9:34 PM
Nice shop John. I think you should come over to mine and show me how you got it so organized and clean. I promise to stay out of your way. :D

Hey, what kind of bandsaw did you get?

Ernie

Oh..it's was easy Ernie...I just used a front end loader and a dumpster.;)

I got a 3/4 HP, 14" Delta. After building it the other night, I realized that I don't know where it'll fit...but I'll cram it in somewhere I reckon. The beauty of it is, I just found out that I won't be paying for it. Turns out that it is a gift from my brother-in-law! I am humbled.:o And excited!:D